Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Pit Bull [[Mix) kills 3-day-old baby.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...s-vicious-list#

I think this woman is the early favorite for the worst mother of the year award or at least dumbest person.

This is so sad and tragic. I don't recall that they made swings for a baby under 3 months until they can hold their head up on their own a bit? 3 days old is too early to me for a swing. This family has to be devestated.

Often a new child introduced to the home creates anxiety to a pet... that is not unreasonable as attention shifts to the child - the animal can sense that. The noises of a infant could confuse an animal.

There are so many factors that can lead to an attack. Especially keep pits and small children separated during adjustment period.... Also never leave pit and small child unattended. NEVER-EVER!

Why is this so hard to do?

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...s-vicious-list#

I think this woman is the early favorite for the worst mother of the year award or at least dumbest person.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-25-12 at 09:25 AM.

If the pic is of the dog, it looks like a pit bull/bulldog mix. judging by its stance, and the bulldog like build I think it's unlikely it could have gotten up to the baby's head in a swing. I'd put money on it that the baby was on the floor.

I am one of those who goes back and forth over pit bulls being inherently dangerous. Ultimately, they are terriers and terriers are bred for one thing, to kill. All terriers require more from their owners to keep them under control.

Yeah, too often these dogs are under socialized and are not given enough exercise. A pit is not an sedate apartment or house lap dog. They need to get out and be properly exercised...

All dogs can be very territorial [[a great thing when a robber comes into your space) and who knows what could have set this dog off to attack this poor infant.
    Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    If the pic is of the dog, it looks like a pit bull/bulldog mix. judging by its stance, and the bulldog like build I think it's unlikely it could have gotten up to the baby's head in a swing. I'd put money on it that the baby was on the floor.

I am one of those who goes back and forth over pit bulls being inherently dangerous. Ultimately, they are terriers and terriers are bred for one thing, to kill. All terriers require more from their owners to keep them under control.