Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Bet the flock will keep tossin' him bucks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Winans has the money to hire a driver, he'd better do that for these next weeks/months until he can get his license/insurance issues sorted out.
    I'm sure one of the deacons will not only do it for free but pay for the gas also.

SteveJ Guest

The article says he's from Bloomfield Hills. Who knew you can get rich off of the ghetto.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    The article says he's from Bloomfield Hills. Who knew you can get rich off of the ghetto.
    Exactomundo. Which is what I tried to interject earlier in the thread until his number one fan showed up and shot everybody down, ROFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Ticketed at least 15 times since 2005, once for driving 95 M.P.H.!
    Falsifying information to get his license reinstated...doesn't sound like he's someone I'd like to be my role model. Was he actually beaten?

http://www.freep.com/article/20120524/NEWS01/120524076
    It's a good thing he got all that special treatment from the Detroit Police because he's such a law abiding citizen!

I hear that. I am not anti-clerical, but pastors and leaders in the church most hold themselves accountable, and mirror a standard, otherwise their leadership is questionable at best. He needs to get his person fiscal house in order!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    I'm not trying to hear any nonsense about not judging and we're all human, etc., etc. Hey man, pay what you owe-- don't moralize to me while the bones in your closet are piling up...

Well one good outworking is that this particular grouping of perps are out of commission for now. They were not 'exempting' or giving a pass to those with intact drivers liscenes for their robberies and car jackings. The bigger issue is why are so many young men just tooling about robbing, raping and killing?

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    It's a good thing he got all that special treatment from the Detroit Police because he's such a law abiding citizen!

The guy has claimed to be a Detroiter before, but lives in Bloomfield Hills and as it has been made clear, lives extremely lavishly. Not lavishly enough to pay his obligations to society though, and he's okay flying around town putting other people in danger [[seriously, I don't want to overstate speeding - but 95??)

How fucking stupid do you have to be to go to this guy's "church"?

NOT paying tickets is neglect that is hard to square - especially when you have the money. Maybe he was driving fast to avoid the 'boot' truck because similar to getting robbed by the crew as he did, had he parked that car in the ticket squad range he would have gotten the 'boot'... or maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    The guy has claimed to be a Detroiter before, but lives in Bloomfield Hills and as it has been made clear, lives extremely lavishly. Not lavishly enough to pay his obligations to society though, and he's okay flying around town putting other people in danger [[seriously, I don't want to overstate speeding - but 95??)

Buy American Guest

First, let me be clear...I have no malice towards Pastor Winans and I am very glad he is okay.

His flock will continue to put their hard earned money into the offering basket every Sunday and he will continue to spend it lavishly and will continue to thumb his nose at the law.

He is an "ex" Detroiter who deserted the city for a bigger home, a safer neighborhood, better schools, lower taxes and services he can count on...a suburbanite, and no one bashes him for where he lives because he "preaches" the word in Detroit. He is well known throughout the music world.

Let another "ex" Detroiter suburbanite come on this forum and speak of Detroit and they get chastised, criticized, and just plain beat up by people defending Detroit, as though they own it.

When Detroiters call some on this forum hypocrites because they come on here and offer solutions or ideas, look in your own backyard. Pastor Winans is a rich man because of his music, but he is also richer because of his flock supporting his spending habits and he doesn't have to pay a dime of taxes in Detroit either...not for a home or a church.

Where is Sharpton and Jackson and their followers? Where is the outrage because this man was jacked by young black thugs? There is a huge double standard in Detroit and it is so obvious it's a joke.

Where is Sharpton and Jackson and their followers? Where is the outrage because this man was jacked by young black thugs?
    They don't care unless the attacker isn't black.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I'm sure one of the deacons will not only do it for free but pay for the gas also.
    I wonder if the altar boys [[or whatever the equivalent is) provide certain 'special services' also.

SteveJ Guest

I can't blame him for living in Bloomfield Hills either. I know I wouldn't want to live in Detroit. It would feel like living in a cage. You would have to get double locks, a security system, be on the lookout when taking out the garbage or cutting your grass etc... That is no way to live.

I bet some of them may leave. Church congregations are fluid despite assumptions to the contrary. I've left churches when I learned of things that were not right, or when doctrine took a turn I could not follow.

No one need feel they are hostage to a particular church. Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Bet the flock will keep tossin' him bucks though.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-26-12 at 09:31 AM.

If the litmus test related to Detroit is rather you live here or venture outside of Detroit, well... things would be much worse. It can be isolating enough as it is... Some Detroiters attend churches outside of Detroit.

I can't blame him for living in Bloomfield Hills either. I know I wouldn't want to live in Detroit. It would feel like living in a cage. You would have to get double locks, a security system, be on the lookout when taking out the garbage or cutting your grass etc... That is no way to live.

If he worked for Goldman Sachs, I would agree. I think that his chosen profession has an obligation to address the serious problems of black society in Detroit.

By the way, I think the prosperity of his ministry would afford him the luxury of hiring someone needy in his flock to tend to the garbage and cutting grass -- and securing his property. Those aren't unreasonable to the mission of spending time running a soup kitchen. Has anyone ever seen the good work the Winan's Soup Kitchen does?

Winans lives in Bloomfield Hills. These black people need to stay in their place. smh

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    If he worked for Goldman Sachs, I would agree. I think that his chosen profession has an obligation to address the serious problems of black society in Detroit.

By the way, I think the prosperity of his ministry would afford him the luxury of hiring someone needy in his flock to tend to the garbage and cutting grass -- and securing his property. Those aren't unreasonable to the mission of spending time running a soup kitchen. Has anyone ever seen the good work the Winan's Soup Kitchen does?
    I would bet that a lot of his members don't live in Detroit either.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    They don't care unless the attacker isn't black.
    What exactly are Sharpton and Jackson supposed to do? Didn't the attackers get arrested and charged?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8