Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Detroiters shot on a Pontiac Party Bus observing a robbery?

Details seem sketchy to me but the initial report is that two Detroiter's observed a robbery outside a bar/ club and when they yelled at the assailant he fired upon the bus. Killing two......

Two Killed In Pontiac Party Bus Shooting Outside Porky's

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ng-20120514-rs

Common sense should tell you not to yell at someone with a gun. Why didn't they just call 911?

^^^^ I don't understand what the 19 year old was doing on the scene, on a party buss in front of a bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^^ I don't understand what the 19 year old was doing on the scene, on a party buss in front of a bar?
    Really? Thats what bothers you about this situation?

Drinking scene... but I guess it could be argued she was just on the bus with other members of a party from elsewhere, though she would not have been able to go into that bar?

Drinking scene... but I guess it could be argued she was just on the bus with other members of a party from elsewhere, though she would not have been able to go into that bar?
    Right, because underage kids could get never into a bar. They also abstain from sex and always say no to drugs.

So let me get this straight.... a group of people rent a party bus for the night so they can go out and NOT drink & drive [[pretty responsible), happen to have a 19 year old ADULT on board [[not uncommon), observe a robbery and actually have the BALLS to call attention to it in an effort to help [[pretty gutsy), the robbers shoot at the bus and kill 2 people [[tragic), and your takeaway is "what was a 19 year old doing on the bus"????? Really??

We have no idea whether the 19 year old was even drinking, and it is common for bars [[especially in Pontiac which caters to a college age demo) to have 18 & over admittance policies. 18 to enter, 21 to drink. Thus the big black "X" marks they put on underage people's hands that take forever to wash off.

Now take into account that Pontiac no longer has a police department so the likelihood of anything happening to the robbers was minimal at best.

Responsible people out for some good fun on Saturday night, trying to help out a person being robbed, and paying the price for their assistance.

Horrible story. I hope we never have to hear about something like this again.

I see your point, thank you.... I've never been on one of those busses and you make several good points. It would make sense for folks younger to be on board in some cases. Thanks for the clarification.

AND THE BIGGER POINT IS LAWLESSNESS AND LACK OF LAW INFORCEMENT! Criminals know that have an open slate to do as they please. Very tragic event.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Tom T View Post
    So let me get this straight.... a group of people rent a party bus for the night so they can go out and NOT drink & drive [[pretty responsible), happen to have a 19 year old ADULT on board [[not uncommon), observe a robbery and actually have the BALLS to call attention to it in an effort to help [[pretty gutsy), the robbers shoot at the bus and kill 2 people [[tragic), and your takeaway is "what was a 19 year old doing on the bus"????? Really??

We have no idea whether the 19 year old was even drinking, and it is common for bars [[especially in Pontiac which caters to a college age demo) to have 18 & over admittance policies. 18 to enter, 21 to drink. Thus the big black "X" marks they put on underage people's hands that take forever to wash off.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-14-12 at 11:13 AM.

Why is everyone blaming the victims for having a good time. Isn't the sociopath killer the problem here. Most folks would think that riding on a party bus would be safe.

If the 19 year old mother wasn't sitting in that seat, someone else would have been. Perhaps a 49 year old teacher and mother? Would that make the news go down any smoother for some of you? The point is, this monster fired into the bus and the bullets killed two people!

Thank for summarizing this tragedy to where the rubber meets the road. We have a bold-faced, beligirent, blatent criminal trolling about robbing in the first instance, then shooting folks who found that behavior objectionable. That's the MAIN ISSUE! And the fact that a teen was involved only makes it additionally sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    If the 19 year old mother wasn't sitting in that seat, someone else would have been. Perhaps a 49 year old teacher and mother? Would that make the news go down any smoother for some of you? The point is, this monster fired into the bus and the bullets killed two people!

Should these two have been somewhere other than home, so they weren't in the wrong place at the wrong time? [[Doesn't really say if it was their house though.)

Also Sunday, the bodies of a man and woman were found inside a home on Detroit's east side, Detroit police said.

A family member discovered the bodies of a woman, 61, and a man, 71, in the 3100 block of Lenox, according to a news release.

EMS workers pronounced both victims dead at the scene. They suffered injuries to their bodies, but the cause of death is pending autopsies, police said.

No arrests have been made.
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012051...und-in-a-house

What a horrible tragedy for everyone involved [[except of course the POS shooter).

Wow I googled porky's pontiac.. that place is pretty skanky
    questionably not work safe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U4W1bm9c3Q

http://youferral.com/jobpost/show/54...ni-bar-pontiac

Here is an incident that happened at this bar the night before!
    http://www.theoaklandpress.com/artic...0952446920.txt

Make you wonder two things Why would someone wearing Cartier Glasses go there? Make a trip from across town to get there?

Why on earth would a party bus stop at this club? Did everyone have on overcoats? What kind of mixed company crowd gets together to hang out at a skanky strip bar?

Lesson to be learned: Stay away from these places they are bad news, full of people of questionable values.
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; May-14-12 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Wow I googled porky's pontiac.. that place is pretty skanky
    questionably not work safe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U4W1bm9c3Q

http://youferral.com/jobpost/show/54...ni-bar-pontiac
    From the ad:

IN NEED OF A EXPERIENCED COOK THAT CAN START IMMEDIATLY. THIS IS A FEMALE BIKINI BAR SO YOU MUST FEEL COMFORTABLE WORKING AROUND THIS AND NOT GET SIDE TRACKED. CALL OR STOP BY AND ASK FOR MIKE 586-222-4697
    PORKYS BIKINI BAR AND GRILL 22 E KENNETT PONTIAC MI 48340

• Compensation: TBD
    • Telecommuting is ok.
    • This is a contract job.
    • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    • Phone calls about this job are ok.
    • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

How does one "telecommute" to a job as a cook? LMAO

Everybody need a sad laugh [[since I'm having lunch at my desk and have a few minutes I figured I'd check some of Bailey's old posts). This was one of his posts in response to people criticizing Bob Bashara:

"Perhaps, but unlike some, I'll reserve casting aspersions upon a decent person in a time of tragedy. Perhaps that faith in Bob's basic goodness will be proven false, I don't know him that well.. but I do know some very well who are standing behind him in this and that earns him further credibility in my book. Personally, I think its particularly ghoulish to propose ridiculous theories on how he killed his wife before the body is even cold."

So heaven forbid anyone speak about Big Bob possibly killing his wife but you can pretty much piss on the body of a mother killed while doing nothing wrong because she was out at 2AM.

Is the hypocrisy socio-economic, geographic, racial?

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Everybody need a sad laugh [[since I'm having lunch at my desk and have a few minutes I figured I'd check some of Bailey's old posts). This was one of his posts in response to people criticizing Bob Bashara:

"Perhaps, but unlike some, I'll reserve casting aspersions upon a decent person in a time of tragedy. Perhaps that faith in Bob's basic goodness will be proven false, I don't know him that well.. but I do know some very well who are standing behind him in this and that earns him further credibility in my book. Personally, I think its particularly ghoulish to propose ridiculous theories on how he killed his wife before the body is even cold."

So heaven forbid anyone speak about Big Bob possibly killing his wife but you can pretty much piss on the body of a mother killed while doing nothing wrong because she was out at 2AM.

Is the hypocrisy socio-economic, geographic, racial?
    No, not at all actually. I've learned my lesson. Expect the worst in everyone and you'll never be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    No, not at all actually. I've learned my lesson. Expect the worst in everyone and you'll never be wrong.
    Except Bob Bashara.

Except Bob Bashara.
    Well, no... that is actually the opposite of what I just said.

I learned, from that incident specifically, as it was up close and personal, to believe NONE of the things heard from people who supposedly know the individual, do not ever give the benefit of the doubt, and just assume guilt.
    Last edited by bailey; May-14-12 at 02:00 PM.

Whatever. It's just disgusting. People will twist anything into a kind of story that eases their consciences. Like when civilian casualties were reported in Iraq, people said, "Well, that's what they get for using civilians as 'human shields.'"

Anyway, the real conversation here is being laid between the lines. And you know what it is. And, of course, WE can't bring it up because then we'll never hear the end of how we brought up what we're really talking about ...

Seems like people are being murdered in pontiac at an accelerated rate this year. Goes to show. More police does not equal safer streets

according to the FBI 9 murders when? Last year? Im pretty sure there have been atleast 8 so far this year. 3 doubles and 2 singles that i remember reading about in the last few months

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    according to the FBI 9 murders when? Last year? Im pretty sure there have been atleast 8 so far this year. 3 doubles and 2 singles that i remember reading about in the last few months
    Sorry, I should have added the proper context. This was for 2010 which is the most recent year that the FBI has posted crime stats. Certainly a lot could change between then and now but I wanted to refute Bailey's assumption that anyone in Pontiac at 2AM deserves to get shot.

Sorry, I should have added the proper context. This was for 2010 which is the most recent year that the FBI has posted crime stats. Certainly a lot could change between then and now but I wanted to refute Bailey's assumption that anyone in Pontiac at 2AM deserves to get shot.

Or anywhere, but the fact it happens a lot in Detroit and some suburbs should tell you a sketchy strip joint parking lot is a great substitute for a target range.
    You may not want it to be that way, but you cant be a wishful thinker when you frequent a shithole-in-the-wall. Part of the fun is in the danger I guess...

Maybe getting rid of the PD in favor of the Sheriff wasn't such a good deal after all?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast