Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I get when some say they don't like that some outsider's think he is the face of Detroit, but in years past what exactly was the face of Detroit? He has been hyping our city for years, even before it was "cool."

People are just funny sometimes. Worrying about people thinking we are all like Kid Rock should be near the bottom of a Detroiters concern. We should be more concerned with the world thinking we are more like the people that did this:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/n...z/-/index.html

or

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/F...6/-/index.html

or

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/M...c/-/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by JROLLA View Post
    I get when some say they don't like that some outsider's think he is the face of Detroit, but in years past what exactly was the face of Detroit? He has been hyping our city for years, even before it was "cool."

People are just funny sometimes. Worrying about people thinking we are all like Kid Rock should be near the bottom of a Detroiters concern. We should be more concerned with the world thinking we are more like the people that did this:
    Well, that's a false choice. I mean you can object to all the bad stuff in the world and it has no bearing on how you feel about a recording artist.

And I'm not "worried about" Kid Rock. More like grossed out.

Carry on.

He does decent covers of a lot of other people's music. His own stuff is nothing to write home about. It's nice he tries to promote the area.

Kid Rock loves to help Detroit's problems with music. The DSO is flat broke and they need some money to pay its bills or face sudden closures within coming months. Kid Rock is proud to be help the DSO by combining his music with the quality of philharmonics. It lured not only young people but elders, too. Since most of the folks in forum are whining about Kid Rock's crazy schemes. I'm proud that he's doing his part to support the Motor City.

like you i don't see appeal in his music and frankly i think its comically ironic that his gimmick is that he is a flag loving southerner from Detroit. but i do highly respect that he cares about this city and has done a-lot to help it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3