Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    blksoul_x Guest

Unfortunately, the initial response is a common [[perhaps innate) reaction that has historically provoked white aggression upon the innocence of Black African people in 'amerikkka' and abroad, especially in the hands of white authority, and the criminal justice system, etc.__go figure!

The vicious legacy continues, the destruction of human possibility__Wake up Black people!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, the Color you love to hate!

Retroit Guest

Those aren't gang signs? I thought that when a little black girl touched her chin with the peace sign, that meant "Yo, kill all dem muddafuggin white peoples!"

What? It's pretty straightforward to me. If there's some black kid throwing the horns, it's because he's a banger. If there's some white dude throwing them, he's, like, into music or being cool or a fan of world peace. But certainly not a gang-banger!

If it's hard to remember the rules [[I know, it's so confusing), think of New Orleans. Remember those looters? They were breaking into stores, stealing all this food? Total baller behavior! They usually happened to be black. But then there were also people who were simply trying to survive, going to stores where everything was going to spoil anyway and salvaging enough for their families. By coincidence, most of those people happened to be white.

So, I have some simple advice to avoid being taken for a gang-banger for everything ranging from the innocent hand gesture to the last-ditch effort to stay alive: Do your best to "happen to be" white.

LodgeDodger Guest

People, I'm one of the least-hip people on this planet and even I knew the sideways peace symbol means, "Peace out!"

I generally use one symbol while in public--the extended middle finger [[generally used when operating an automobile).

the gang sign has three fingers. All the kiddies i my suburban middle school would flash the sign thinking they were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    If there's some white dude throwing them, he's, like, into music or being cool or a fan of world peace. But certainly not a gang-banger!
    That's not true at all.

When I see a picture like this, the first thought in my mind is not "wow, he must like music" or "wow, he must like world peace" it's "wow, he looks a like a wannabe thug [[[[[[[[[."

White people don't get a pass just for being white. Case in point...[[[[[[[[[s:

Nice demonstration Wolverine. I see two fingers all the time around west vernor and Junction.But I have been misled. Actually all the boys are promoting peace!

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Nice demonstration Wolverine. I see two fingers all the time around west vernor and Junction.But I have been misled. Actually all the boys are promoting peace!
    It really depends on the circumstances in which it is done. For example, I see nothing wrong with the photo on the Michigan Citizen website. Seven year old kids can't be [[[[[[[[[s, and they're not gang members. When some frat boy with a fake tan and wearing Kanye sunglasses throws up the sideways peace sign in a picture while simultaneously making a kissy face, well, that person is probably a wannabe thug [[[[[[[[[.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverinesA2 View Post
    That's not true at all.

When I see a picture like this, the first thought in my mind is not "wow, he must like music" or "wow, he must like world peace" it's "wow, he looks a like a wannabe thug [[[[[[[[[."

You do realize that Detroitnerd was being extremely sarcastic, don't you? That was probably the best tongue in cheek remark made on this thread.

"Seven year old kids can't be [[[[[[[[[s, and they're not gang members" Right, I knew they weren't gang members. I just mistakenly thought they may have been trying to be funny in a class photo by mimicing gang members. What do I know? I only taught seven year olds for 10 years. I sometimes found kids to push the envelope and now I know that things are different. They are just saying peace out like most seven year olds do in a class photo.

LodgeDodger Guest

So then, if I were to "adopt" the sideway peace symbol, would that indicate I am:

a) A gangbanger
    b) A [[[[[[[[[
    c) An old woman who knows it means, PEACE OUT!

OMG!!!! Somebody has too much time on their hands. If you don't like the paper - don't read it! The restaurant is fantastic. Somebody remove this thread!!! Hey - the five year old down the street had his tee shirt on inside out - what does it mean? Lol - Paul McCartney is dead!!! Look at the cover of Abbey Road....and on and on and on............

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    So then, if I were to "adopt" the sideway peace symbol, would that indicate I am:

a) A gangbanger
    b) A [[[[[[[[[

Can I pick:
    d) all of the above

Sorry LodgeDodger, I couldn't resist

DetroitDad Guest

Yes, it's a peace sign and it's what is hip among young children all the way through older teens and college kids right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post

a) A gangbanger
    b) A [[[[[[[[[
    Depends really. This woman here, she's saying peace out:

This one here just put a hit out on her ex-boyfriend [[a/k/a third baby daddy that ain't paying child support):

Scissors cuts paper, but rock beats scissors.

I had it explained to me as two in the pink - one in the stink.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverinesA2 View Post
    That's not true at all.

Ok..setting aside the [[[[[[y-ness... that is a pretty sweet beer pong table.

dexterferry Guest

between this and the recent repetition of the total urban myth of the detroit juror opening up the bible and refusing to convict on grounds of forgiveness, I'm going to go out on a limb and say SWMap has some serious credibility issues.

'V" for victory gangsta
    Last edited by oladub; June-18-09 at 02:45 PM. Reason: added 'gangsta'

Churchill? Haha. "O.G., comin' through!"

Retroit Guest

These kids want to be Black Panthers:

Retroit Guest

These kids want to be Nazis:

No, that really happened in the jury room.

Retroit Guest

These kids want to be The Fonz:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast