Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Pretty doggone sad when you find yourself longing for the good ol' days of Rick Rizz and Bob Rathbun!!!

"GoodBye Baseball !!!"

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    Him spending more time out in the community raising funds and promoting awareness of autism. Preferably around 7:00 at night.
    Funny response.

Of course, you know Jim Price does promote Jack's Place for Autism to a wide audience during the game broadcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbred View Post
    And the guys who annouces for the Wings on radio, that says, " and ah " every other words. He makes me nuts1
    That's Paul Woods. I didn't mind him until the Columbus series this year, when I realized he couldn't say the word "Columbus." It was always "The Columbus-ah Blue Jackets..." as if he temporarily forgot the name of the mascot every time.

How do you say 'enough' to that nice old uncle who never says anything mean, who is a part of your history, but who also drones on with the same boring stories over and over again?

You don't. There are bigger concerns with which to apply our energies.

While I agree with the consensus critique of this thread, would I sign a petition to get rid of him?

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    How do you say 'enough' to that nice old uncle who never says anything mean, who is a part of your history, but who also drones on with the same boring stories over and over again?

You don't. There are bigger concerns with which to apply our energies.

While I agree with the consensus critique of this thread, would I sign a petition to get rid of him?

No.
    Lowell,
    I like your analogy.
    However, what I would do is just ignore him when given the chance.
    If everyone who is tired of listening to Mr. Price decided to tune out the Tiger's broadcasts then the station would have to deal with ratings and listenership issues.
    I'm sure the advertisers would be concerned.
    You're right, there are bigger fish to fry. But a good number of people, myself included, enjoy following our favorite baseball team. Mostly by radio, because I am usually too busy to sit in front of a TV for 3-4 hours. So we would prefer that the voice doing the broadcasting be not only professional at his job, but have a voice and demeanor that makes the experience enjoyable.
    Apparently, there are a good number of people who share my opinion, Therefore the discussion is worth having. And I would sign the petition.

What's a Zubor?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomfield Pills View Post
    Pretty doggone sad when you find yourself longing for the good ol' days of Rick Rizz and Bob Rathbun!!!
    NEVER.....I'll take Price anyday over those two guys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2