I know you guys are upset that you lost the cup, but this lady has apparently lost her mind. From this forum: http://hockeytownforum.detroitredwin...showtopic=2928

-- Start of Quote --

"“Strife: The only conspiracy in the league is that they're out to make as much money as they can, just like any other business. NHL stands to make bank off of this Detroit loss. I'm more or less convinced that Bettman doesn't give a ******* about the sport of hockey, he's just in this gig to make a buck, and that's why games 3 and 7 were handed to Pittsburgh on a platter."

"Call me when Pittsburgh outplays their opponent in four games of the Stanley Cup Final and I'll be happy to congratulate the better team. I'm only slightly less disgusted at this win than I am at the 2007 Stanley Cup win."

"All of you know well I have been suspicious about this whole season and not just the playoffs. I have been saying months now that th NHL wants Crosby and the Pens to win. The playoffs made me more suspicious that this whole thing was planned and game 7 just confirmed it for me. Sealed the deal if you will. I won't go into the regular season but deal with just the playoffs. My thesis is that yes it was planned, not won by the pens because they are the NHL's best team , they won it with help from the league and the powers that be. This essay I write now says that this is so, and why."

"The celebration itself. No one even seemed too interested. I’ve a feeling they all knew it was planned. They never even celebrated the cup like as in past championships [[last year we acted like nutters when we won ) Players and management are usually so happy when their team wins the cup. They just seemed watered down this year. You could hear it in the players interviews and management and such. I don’t have to speak about how Bettman seemed so happy. I am pretty sure the nhl and management were all in on it. The pens had to win. They were also building their nice new stadium, and to have a cup banner in the stadium of his poster boy’s team was just a birthday gift for Bettman. Pitts also had a sagging troubles, and it was necessary to bring money to the city. What better way than to have his poster boy win the cup?

It showed in the reffing. It showed in the sharp sloppy dropoff in the wings play. The Cup was not won by the best team in the league. The evidence will probably never be there – as I have said they are furtive enough most likely to rig things without actually doing anything illegal – but there are just too many little things that make me wonder."

--End of Quote--

I realize fans are upset, but are they all this paranoid? Was the 2006 World Series a fix, too? A Detroit team can lose by being outplayed, not necessarily by being cheated. Could it have been fixed? Possibly, but I'm leaning toward a "no."

Sounds like sour grapes from Wings fans. Sometimes upsets happen.

I realize that there is a lot of bad news in Detroit right now, but not everything is a conspiracy.

Just wondering if this fan is in the minority.