Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Who you ask? THIS GUY. THIS GUY IS THE ONE WHO WOULD THINK IT. Breaking down on I94 was, according to his statement, THE reason he had a gun.

If he felt that strongly about it, so strongly he stated it to the Press, then why is it sitting in the glove box? Oh yeah, "within seconds" of pulling over the highway robbers were on him. much too quickly to get the gun he CARRIED FOR THE SOLE REASON THAT HE WAS AFRAID TO BREAK DOWN IN DETROIT.

again, maybe my BS detector is off, but it's a little too convienent isnt it? I mean the ONE thing he feared.... the stuff of urban legend...being attacked by highway robbers in a "nice" part of town.... happens? I'm going to say we havent heard the whole story.
Far more stranger things have happened.

While he had his back turned to bend over in his hood, anyone nearby could have pulled a gun out and aimed it at him, in that short of a time span. If anything, the guy had too much faith in this surroundings that day, even given his situation that otherwise shouldn't have required a gun at hand.

His intentions were to quickly get out, pull the plastic bag from his engine, and continue on with his commute. That's completely different form being stranded for a significant period of time with no running motor what so ever.

I doubt he went looking for trouble, or that he was asking for trouble to greet him.