Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Congrats to the Kings. As much as I wanted to pull for 40 year old Marty Brodeur to hoist the Cup overhead one more time, the Kings were just too sound defensively and Jonathan Quick was just a brick wall back there. It was nice to see Luc Robitaille [[in a suit now) beaming as he hoisted the Cup again too.

Looking back at it, the Kings did some pretty impressive work dispatching the likes of the Canucks [[first seed, deserved or not), the Blues [[second seed) and the Coyotes before meeting up with the Devils.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    Congrats to the Kings. As much as I wanted to pull for 40 year old Marty Brodeur to hoist the Cup overhead one more time, the Kings were just too sound defensively and Jonathan Quick was just a brick wall back there. It was nice to see Luc Robitaille [[in a suit now) beaming as he hoisted the Cup again too.

Looking back at it, the Kings did some pretty impressive work dispatching the likes of the Canucks [[first seed, deserved or not), the Blues [[second seed) and the Coyotes before meeting up with the Devils.
    Agreed. I wonder if teams will now try and mimic the defensive stylings of a team like LA? I prefer more of an offensive game yet it was still very entertaining.
    It's too bad that the game was really decided during that 5 minute major. The refs had no choice but to call it like it is.
    Congrats to the Kings and Jonathon Quick, who was outstanding.