Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

The printer testified that the font was the correct size.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post

This is important because there are several different ways of measuring font size. The politicians reportedly measured it with a ruler, which is not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    This is important because there are several different ways of measuring font size. The politicians reportedly measured it with a ruler, which is not accurate.
    I also read [[but can't confirm at this time) that on petition fond size and bolding is required but not the font type.

So 14 point font of differing styles would be drastically different in size.

I don't care what side of the aisle you're on. This is disenfranchisement, and it makes all 9.9 million of us look like complete rubes.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    ...I don't care what side of the aisle you're on. This is disenfranchisement, and it makes all 9.9 million of us look like complete rubes.
    Both sides of the aisle are willing to use 'whatever means necessary' to gum up the other side. This is the political world we live in. Don't think for a moment that the pro-Union side wouldn't do the same thing if they had the chance.

The state of politics is indeed sad.

I love that this petition drive was blocked...

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Both sides of the aisle are willing to use 'whatever means necessary' to gum up the other side. This is the political world we live in. Don't think for a moment that the pro-Union side wouldn't do the same thing if they had the chance.

The state of politics is indeed sad.
    Nope.

Even though I'm not really fans of either side I definitely come down solidly in one camp. You don't get to

*Put the southern strategy in effect for 40 years

*Go out of your way to discourage the vote of young people, minorities, the poor, college students [[aka people unlikely to vote for you)

*Continually regularly pull stunts as stated in the OP

and then to cry false equivalence when called on it.

You keep stinging people don't get mad when you're called out for the scorpions and snakes that you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Maybe it was, I haven't seen it and a printer ought to know.

On the other hand, a cynic [[or even a reasonable person) would question whether the printer who printed the petitions could objectively assess his own work. Even another printer might be inclined to favor the petitioners if he were unionized, since this EFM repeal effort is heavily union-backed.