Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Poobert you could not be anymore wrong about Peters not caring about Detroit. I know him personally and he cares about the city a great deal. Clarke is a great guy too, but I think when you compare the two, Peters comes out ahead. It is also a matter of being realistic about what they can accomplish in congress. Peters has been quite successful in congress whereas I have seen Clarke propose bills that may sound great in a sound bite and rally support from people back home but stand no chance in hell in congress. I don't know how he could seriously believe that congress would approve a bailout for Detroit, especially in the current political climate.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok1981 View Post
    Poobert you could not be anymore wrong about Peters not caring about Detroit. I know him personally and he cares about the city a great deal. Clarke is a great guy too, but I think when you compare the two, Peters comes out ahead. It is also a matter of being realistic about what they can accomplish in congress. Peters has been quite successful in congress whereas I have seen Clarke propose bills that may sound great in a sound bite and rally support from people back home but stand no chance in hell in congress. I don't know how he could seriously believe that congress would approve a bailout for Detroit, especially in the current political climate.
    You're right on all counts. I don't think "care" was the right word. I'm sure Gary Peters cares a great deal about Detroit. And I don't mind a little legislative activism but I wish HC would dedicate his time to bills that had a chance of passing. Still, Bloomfield Hills is absolutely light years from Detroit. I just can't get away from that. For me personally I think Clarke has a better grasp of what we're dealing with on my block. He is also, by all accounts, a pretty solid guy. I might be swayed if Peters came up with very serious plan to deal with the day-to-day issues here. It isn't an easy choice, though.