Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

just a heads up, the bank you have to go through for the co-op is a pain. im in the process of closing on one of the townhomes there and the bank has been unresponsive and slow in completing the process. it has been rather frustrating, so know that going in, but the place is beautiful and everyone that i have met there so far has been great. the wait has been agonizing but i cant wait to move in.

Should you move to Lafayette Park?
    Yes! I've lived there for 25 years, I'm raising my family there. It is a good place for kids, lots of places to play without streets, everyone keeps an eye out for each other which is easier because of the glass houses. Lots of good information here:

http://miesdetroit.org/

Could you name the specific bank as I found National Co-op Bank to be a pleasure to deal with for a bank with so little apparent competition. The closing was managed by a local law firm which could have been a better situation but NCB had their ducks in a row and were pretty prompt. I have been referring folks to NCB so I'd love to know if their level of service has changed of fluctuated.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    just a heads up, the bank you have to go through for the co-op is a pain. im in the process of closing on one of the townhomes there and the bank has been unresponsive and slow in completing the process. it has been rather frustrating, so know that going in, but the place is beautiful and everyone that i have met there so far has been great. the wait has been agonizing but i cant wait to move in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagley View Post
    Could you name the specific bank as I found National Co-op Bank to be a pleasure to deal with for a bank with so little apparent competition. The closing was managed by a local law firm which could have been a better situation but NCB had their ducks in a row and were pretty prompt. I have been referring folks to NCB so I'd love to know if their level of service has changed of fluctuated.
    yup it has been through NCB. today actually was the first time that i would say they were quick in getting back to me. it has even frustrated my realtor who i imagine is used to things taking longer than they should. ill be happy in a month when i move in.