Hello,

I am coming back home to Detroit for a visit. I am getting my son Baptized at my old Parrish in Detroit and very excited to visit my old neighborhood. The Godparents are friends of our in North Carolina and will be coming with us for their first ever trip to Michigan and Detroit. On Saturday the 28th of April I was planning on taking my family and our friends downtown for a tour. However, we will have a 4, 3 & 1 year old with us. I want to show my friends some of the sights yet I don't want the kids to be so bored out of there minds they drive US crazy.

Here is what I was thinking and looking for any suggestions from you all. If the weather is nice I would like to take them on the river front and Belle Ilse. I know there used to be a lot of cool kid friendly things to do on Belle Ilse but not exactly sure what's open anymore. I also wanted to show them eastern market since it will be a Saturday, but not sure if they have any kid friendly things to do there either. I would love to go to midtown but I don't think the science center is open currently either.

Also, restaurant week is starting that weekend and I'm not sure if the establishments that are participating are doing just dinner or can you get the good deals for lunch too. I figure it would be nice to have lunch at one of our finer places.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I hope you all have a good evening.