Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Yay! Now that's what I call progress!

Another rubble-strewn vacant lot. Moving Detroit forward!!

heywood mccrakin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Yay! Now that's what I call progress!

Another rubble-strewn vacant lot. Moving Detroit forward!!
    Dumb question....If one of you felt that the stadium should have been kept up, why didnt you put up the money to save it?

Seems to me if there was a viable use for the old park, someone shouldd have put up the money, right?

Thanks to Cman for the great picture and thanks to EastsideAl for the bit of history! It is an intriguing building.

And Ray - the "urban gentleman" did not go unnoticed by me. He found a shady spot to take a break!

Quote Originally Posted by heywood mccrakin View Post
    Dumb question....If one of you felt that the stadium should have been kept up, why didnt you put up the money to save it?

Seems to me if there was a viable use for the old park, someone shouldd have put up the money, right?
    We did... as much as was going to be raised for any preservation in this horrible economy - and there are several threads about it here. The city was getting free security, etc. on those grounds, and a plan to redevelop and reuse the remaining original Navin Field portions of the stadium with minimal or no use of public funds. But, no, demolition is progress here in the City of Detroit. So there's no waiting for things to come together, the DEGC must have its vacant lot NOW!!