Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ray, yes people outside SE Michigan know about Monica...
    Wonkette is based in Washington, D.C.
    http://wonkette.com/409229/hilarious...e-pray-for-her

monica's accomplishments, that people have so quickly forgotten:

• Promise Zone Act
    • Trustee of Bennett College
    • Led Fight for Cobo Hall
    • Ex-Officio Trustee of the City of Detroit Board of Trustees of The General Retirement System
    • National Co-Chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus Spouses Association
    • Previous Occupation/Employer: Administrator 12 years - Detroit Public Schools [[previously taught in Detroit Public Schools for five years)
    • Successfully negotiated with Super Bowl host committee to resolve issues concerning Second Baptist Church
    • Led fight to secure life protecting equipment for Detroit Police
    • Awards scholarships to deserving Detroit students

Quote Originally Posted by thecarl View Post
    • taught in Detroit Public Schools for five years
    Wow. I would hate to have had that moon bat as my teacher.

Led Fight for Cobo Hall
    Ex-Officio Trustee of the City of Detroit Board of Trustees of The General Retirement System
    Previous Occupation/Employer: Administrator 12 years - Detroit Public Schools [[previously taught in Detroit Public Schools for five years)
    Boy, those are something to be real proud of. Cobo's still falling apart, the schools are damned near bankrupt and corrupt, and the pension fund is going broke. I'll bet she wishes she could forget those too.

Quote Originally Posted by pffft View Post
    Interesting. Okay, I'll keep an eye peeled on the papers here west of the rockies. Right now we've got our own funny papers going thanks to our Senator getting a little strange nookie and having to 'fess up. Unfortunately, it wasn't Harry Reid, it was the other guy, old what's his name.

TheCarl are you related to Monica?
    Once you get past her outbursts, you find a smart woman. Too bad she could not see the good in others and want to give to this city. Now we have more shame.
    Detroit has a record of not convicting people in federal court. She may have a chance for aquittal. We shall see.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RayStar View Post
    Detroit has a record of not convicting people in federal court. She may have a chance for aquittal. We shall see.
    HAAAAAAA!!

Um, no.

Detroit does not just blindly acquit people.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Worst ever? I mean in the last ten years...MonCon is pretty much par for the course. Kwame? Bates? BRC? Watson? Reeves? Momma K? Reverend David Murray....and the rest of the school board? should i go on?

the shorter list would be those elected that served honorably and competently.
    As much as she disgusts me, I have to admit she's been extremely entertaining.

OMG she wouldn't be crazy enough to go to trial with this? Oh wait she is crazy enough. She is going to tell us how she was railroaded, waste 9 months of the taxpayers money, give a heartfelt speech in her church about her love for John and how they will get through this and she will come back. Oh wait that was Kwame. Well don't expect anything different from her.

Default hell to the naw

thecarl...why do ppl like you come on here and remind us the 'good'...it doesn't outweigh the bad..I could give all of my life savings away but if I kill someone, should you remember where my money went?

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    As much as she disgusts me, I have to admit she's been extremely entertaining.
    The newsies seem to think so, too. With the frequency some of them are updating their sites it appears there's a midnight watch on her.

If she goes to trial it needs to picked up as a reality show and placed on network TV. It will be the greatest TV show of all time. All Monica, all the time. I would watch.

Quote Originally Posted by RayStar View Post
    TheCarl are you related to Monica?
    Once you get past her outbursts, you find a smart woman. Too bad she could not see the good in others and want to give to this city. Now we have more shame.
    ray, i am not related to monica, are you serious? looking at her self-published list of "accomplishments," they appear more to be an indictment than an endorsement. i do agree that she is smart, and very quick-thinking - but also, trashy, arrogant, and corrupt. good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsjdaniels View Post
    thecarl...why do ppl like you come on here and remind us the 'good'...it doesn't outweigh the bad..I could give all of my life savings away but if I kill someone, should you remember where my money went?
    mrs j daniels, put down the bottle and take another look at that list - and tell me how it's "good."

Yes, I'm serious. You could be Monica posting now as she does have a son named Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by thecarl View Post
    mrs j daniels, put down the bottle and take another look at that list - and tell me how it's "good."

I don't think people realized that you were being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    Yea, they never catch my sarcasm either and I say some truly outrageous stuff at times.

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    interestingly, i posted the list as monica's "accomplishments," not stating whether they were good or bad. it was up to interpretation. those who truly understand the goings-on in detroit understand them for exactly what they are. other folks misinterpreted the list as positive achievements. it wasn't even sarcasm. it was a demonstration of how deluded the woman is, to "brag" about such things.

This is just another nail in her husband's political coffin

MIRepublic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    If you don't dislike her enough already check out the Freep article that has the transcript from her cable show in which she pulls out the religion card.
    She says something about people who aren't praying for her are just adding to the problem. I wonder if praying for a long prison term counts?
    Here it is:

“I just want to say that first and foremost publicly that I am a child of God,” she said. “And that all these things that are going on right now that I believe in my heart that God will deliver me from them. And so I say to all of the people out there if you’re not praying for me, then you’re just adding to the problem. And I would just respectfully ask that you keep your comments to yourselves and if you’re going to speak about someone, speak the truth. If you don’t have the truth to say, then keep your comments to yourself. You can’t comment on me, my husband or my family because you don’t know us. And for those of you who do know us, you know how to speak appropriately about us. And so I just say for all of you who have kept me in your prayers, who continue to lift me up in Jesus’ name every day, I just want to say thank you.”
    Total classlessness. She's caught, and still can't keep her mouth shut. Well, part of the nightmare [[for Detroit) is nearly over; he's is just beginning.

This is what happens to people devoid of any kind of shame, incapable of being embarrassed, and completely lacking in self-awareness. When you can't be shamed or embarrassed by your obviously hubristic [[yes, it is a word) antics, sometimes, you have to be helped.

Monica, you've got intensely personal issues you need to work through, and that's the understatement of 2009. You've overstayed your welcome in Detroit one outburst and one scandal too long. This is a watershed moment for Detroit; hopefully, they'll take it and never look back. I hear corruption is finally starting to catch up with Daley in Chicago, too. Time to drain these municipal cesspools and keep them drained.

this is a sign of mental illness

I'll guess John Conyers will have to get another bulldog to fight his battles huh

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    This is just another nail in her husband's political coffin
    Ha! That statement is so absurd I don't know to laugh or cry. You must not live in Wayne county. If her behavior hasn't affected his election chances yet, it never will. Just as Kwame's antics haven't affected his mother's victories or his father's corrput little empire. If you could get Hitler or Bin Laden on the Democratic ticket, Detroiters would overwhelming vote them in. Some for no reason other than recognizing the name, but most because they don't read the names when they vote straight ticket come hell or high water. So, just like Kwame, because her family is a guaranteed win, she'll just plea this out and live the good life somewhere else stealing and scamming and satisfying her ego by doing outrageous things so she can stay in the spotlight. Come a few years, Jackson keeping his mouth shut means he'll also be back stealing, scamming, and flashing his suits and cars. I think I'm going to go cry myself to sleep wondering how I got cursed living in this area with a conscience.

MIRepublic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by notimpressed View Post
    Hopefully her husband is giving her legal advice that will get her locked up forever and out of what hair he has left for the same amount of time.
    Please. I'm getting tired of this naivete that allows anyone to paint John as a victim in all of this. Anyone who thinks that his career and connections are totally independent of her's is crazy. If the feds have done their work correctly, he won't come out of this completely unscathed, himself. Truth is that he's overstayed his welcome, as well, and this is coming from someone that has been a supporter of a great deal of his policies.

All of this silliness about him being tricked, or not knowing about her true personality before marrying her, or seeing him as anything other than the smart, observant man that he is is just that: silliness. John's not some sympathetic figure in all of this, and the craziness that emanate from this political couple [[if only it outwardly manifests itself through her) isn't some errant bug; it's a feature of their political relationship.

Poor John, he is not.

Excerpt from the link below:

Conyers has a weekly television show in Detroit [[that poor city, can’t catch a break) and used it this week to speak from her cold, poison heart. She told her viewers very sweetly and gracefully that THEY BETTER FUCKING PRAY FOR HER OR THEY CAN FUCK OFF AND DIE.

I'm so happy this bitch is going to prison, it's about time.

Quote Originally Posted by pffft View Post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast