Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MIRepublic View Post
    If the feds have done their work correctly, he won't come out of this completely unscathed, himself.
    ??
    Spill whatcha know.

I do not know Mrs. Conyers. I do not know what the complete truth is. I will pray though.

I pray for the city of Detroit and the people whose lives are affected by it. God, please bless this fine city and help rid it of those who mean it no good. Please help those who wish to lift the city to the great promise it once showed, and rid the city of the hypocrites and criminals that continue to do so much harm. And please help the mentally ill and deranged find their minds.

Ah yes, the God card. Guilty.

I think this will have legs outside Detroit/Michigan. Republican radio, especially the likes of Hannity, will get all over this in their continuing effort to paint a picture of the Democrats' "culture of corruption." Nice of the Conyers family to offer this crap up to them...

Quote Originally Posted by jita1 View Post
    LOL @ "MonCon". Hadn't heard that before.

It was either that or Council Person A hole....

""If you're not praying for me, you're just adding to the problem ...," Conyers said.

Many cards in her deck. If this one does not work, the race card will follow.

"This goes on everywhere. It's part of business. They only charge me because I don't look like them..."

Then, she'll try the get out of jail free card, and rat out her friends.

This federal investigation is finally getting some traction, folks!
    Last edited by Bobl; June-17-09 at 06:21 AM.

Let's just hope the traction is in a Escalade that drives right over KK and gang

I can't wait for the Kwame trial. He will be offered no plea.

Quote Originally Posted by professorjackson View Post
    I think this will have legs outside Detroit/Michigan. Republican radio, especially the likes of Hannity, will get all over this in their continuing effort to paint a picture of the Democrats' "culture of corruption." Nice of the Conyers family to offer this crap up to them...
    Bad time for this to happen especially since Congressman Conyers is a major player in the health care reform debate. Hannity, Beck, Rush etc will have a field day with this

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Bad time for this to happen especially since Congressman Conyers is a major player in the health care reform debate. Hannity, Beck, Rush etc will have a field day with this
    If they haven't picked up on her nonsense in the past, and used it against John, what makes you think they will now?

Here it is:
    Total classlessness. She's caught, and still can't keep her mouth shut. Well, part of the nightmare [[for Detroit) is nearly over; he's is just beginning.
    When Conyers is gone, who will the voters replace her with? The voters of Detroit do not have a good track record in this regard. Remember that Conyers essentially replaced Kay Everett, who was also facing federal corruption charges when she died. I'm not exactly confident that the voters will pick an honest, competent person to replace Monica Conyers. And if they do, who's to say that this good person won't simply be corrupted by all the other criminals in Detroit City government? It's like prison, even if a man is innocent when he goes in, he often comes out a hardened criminal becuase prison turns you into one. I think Detroit government is a corrupting force that would turn even good people into criminals.

Let's face facts, Detroit is run more like an organized crime outfit than a modern American city. Detroit does not have elected leaders, it has an elected Mafia running it.

We should all pray that she is delivered to a jail cell!

Once again Monica exhibits her total nerve and gaul....how dare she ask for respect, undertanding and prayers., and that people speak appropriately to her? And I doubt that God thinks she is a very good "child" of his. Has she every shown any respect with regard to her comments about or to others? How appropriate has her behavior been? I'll pray for her ...........to go away, to jail hopefully. She is racist trash, and a thief.

Please. I'm getting tired of this naivete that allows anyone to paint John as a victim in all of this. Anyone who thinks that his career and connections are totally independent of her's is crazy. If the feds have done their work correctly, he won't come out of this completely unscathed, himself. Truth is that he's overstayed his welcome, as well, and this is coming from someone that has been a supporter of a great deal of his policies.

All of this silliness about him being tricked, or not knowing about her true personality before marrying her, or seeing him as anything other than the smart, observant man that he is is just that: silliness. John's not some sympathetic figure in all of this, and the craziness that emanate from this political couple [[if only it outwardly manifests itself through her) isn't some errant bug; it's a feature of their political relationship.

Poor John, he is not.

You ain't lying. He's dirty as hell himself. Besides, in all these years, what the hell has he actually done?

Conyers is gonna get it for the Synagro bribery scandal. I'm glad the the FBI is doing its job to save Detroit from political corruption. She have to know that its a election year. She will be out of office by November and into prison.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET!

Detroit needs new leadership, not leftovers. Please vote for NEW city council members.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    this is a sign of mental illness
    It may be a mental illness, but it's been a highly entertaining mental illness. Don't take the plea deal, Monica!

http://thomas.loc.gov/

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    You ain't lying. He's dirty as hell himself. Besides, in all these years, what the hell has he actually done?

a monica conyers refresher. these are video clips of the city council president pro-tem of the 11th largest city in the united states - a city reeling from depopulation, loss of retail, failure of businesses, declining schools, rotting neighborhoods, poverty, illiteracy, and crime. if ever came a time for a leader, that time is the present:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiogX...rom=PL&index=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGxiG...rom=PL&index=2

Kierra Bell, an 8th grader, completely owned Monica in that first video. You know someone isn't fit to hold public office when an 8th grader is the one making mature points in an argument.

lilpup Guest

So now that the deadline has passed are they going to pick her up, or were the newsies wrong?

"Well I came across a child of God, she was walking along the road
    and I asked him tell where are you going, this she told me:

I am going to Federal prison for the bribes that I was owed!"

my apologies to Crosby Stills Nash and Young.

the authorities need to release all of their formal indictments by the end of the week- however people may feel about kenyatta, he was right that the August primary is coming up and the general public deserves to know who all is being formally charged, before that becomes the next debacle, somebody getting elected, then found guilty/pleading out..

if ms. conyers does end up being charged, it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.. Already, with the radio-royalties reform bill, Conyers is being blasted by the Radio One Network/Cathy Hughes [[locally, WCHB, also 102.7) and a few others as targeting black radio unfairly.. and despite his trumpeting of the 676 health reform bill, will Conyers get smeared as the 'Uncle Tom' who wanted to put low-powered radio outlets out of business?.. the political schizophrenia of urban Detroit may be laid bare.. Both Monica and Hughes may end up torpedoing any credibility that John has left..

My new name for her is Mo Co Rupt.

4real Guest

I heard on the radio someone sail she is a strong black woman. They said she was good looking too, : ) I wonder if it was someone she had an affair with?
    I find her to be weak, immature, irrational,
    and a bully like a schoolyard punk with an inferiority complex.

lilpup Guest

very interesting allegation from Riddle's camp about Mama K's competition - but it sounds questionable - the Feds can't expect Riddle to dissuade Waters from ever running again, the only way her never running again could ever happen is if she agrees herself

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story/WILSO...SnqCnW2tg.cspx

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast