Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
If you're in the Mack/Alter area, a house/stretch of houses was raided today. Alter was shut down and police walked dogs to houses and cars in a couple block radius. The helicopters were flying super low, right above my house and in the area. I don't know what they were looking for.
They were flying as far east as Three Mile, it seemed. Same VERY low passes, some at incredible speed with stupid...and I'm sure dangerous...turns. It took me some time to even get an ID on the craft...they were moving that fast. It wasn't marked very well, but it was state police. Very anxiety-producing to have a 'copter less than 100 feet above the treeline doing fucking aerial acrobatics.

We were warned there would be some Homeland Security aircraft flying low for some assinine survey...and then this.

I didn't see the police action on Alter...you are closer than me...but when driving over to visit Django in the morning, the first thing I saw was a State Police finishing up with someone on Forest. All I can say is anyone getting caught for anything on Detroit's freeways is the least lucky person in the world.

Ugh.

Cheers, anyways...it's too early to let stuff like this ruin a day.