Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    NoBody EVER asked L.Brooks to apologize for all the bull he's said over the years, nor him drunk driving, and he's an elected official. Shabazz not elected to anything. Why SHOULD he apologize for stating how he feels???
    It doesn't take much critical reasoning to figure this one out.

How you feel doesn't matter. What you say and how you act matter. Threatening comments. Racially-based hate words. An apology is in order.

[[And as to Brooksie, if he hasn't apologized, then he certainly should have. The logic that Shabazz is not required to apologize because there's at least one other person who also should apologize is shameful. Apologies should be based upon one's actions. Not the apologies or lack thereof by others. Its called 'taking responsibility'. And its not based on the actions of others. Just your own. Shabazz is irresponsible in his words and actions. He chose to do so in a public forum. He is a public figure. People look up to him. He should be ashamed. That he does not seem to be suggests that he not a man of moral character.)

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    ^^^How can a person NOT pay attention to this minority group when their actions are plastered all over the evening news? If you didn't know Detroit and saw this type of action, you'd be scared to death to visit or move there.
    And the evening news is owned by...companies in the suburbs...I wonder why they push this narrative...

Quote Originally Posted by j to the jeremy View Post
    And the evening news is owned by...companies in the suburbs...I wonder why they push this narrative...
    When Detroiters act like fools in public at perilous times, it is news indeed. And it should be covered. It just shouldn't have happened. But if it happens at an important public hearing, and it reflects the feelings of many residents, oh boy, it is so news. Thank Allah we have suburban media moguls to expose this.

was "reverend" David Murray in that group at the hearing? Lol..

Buy American Guest

It's always someone elses fault, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    It's always someone elses fault, right?
    Nomination for most concise post of the day. Could apply to 90% of the posts on DY.

Like I stated earlier in the thread. The media wouln't report it if it didn't happen. Stop playing the poor me card when it comes to media coverage. I have seen many positive news stories covering the good that happens in Detroit as well.

People of the city are going to have to get over fetishizing Coleman Young's tenure. The Detroit he oversaw was not Detroit of 2012... I'm not interested in the canards about "stealing the water, belle isle, public lighting, the riverfront", etc. I want real solutions. Pragmatic solutions, even if intially "painful". Long-term sustainable solutions. Not 11th-hour bond sales [[again!) I want responsive, cooperative police and fire services. I want street lights that work, not entire city blocks in pitch darkness come nightfall. I want streamlined access to city business at the CAY building [[including accessing documents online, and processing online/credit card payments.)
    Local leadership has been at the helm of city government for several decades now, and.. Look where things are. Any number of issues contributed to the decline- the widespread exodus of a previous middle-class, the divestment of manufacturing and small business, below-the-radar graft, well-meaning officials who nonetheless failed to think outside the box [[for the sake of careerism or whatever else), etc.
    ..The likes of a Shabazz, et al, may be nominally 'well-meaning' [[from a standpoint of trying to look out for the most vulnerable members of Detroit's communities), but the solutions it will take to address the fiscal and service delivery aspects of this crisis are way above and beyond their acumen. The Detroit 300, applied correctly, can be a bulwark against some of the street crime in the city. But it doesn't mean that they are police.

What cracks me up is that someone, I think she is on the CC, blames Mayor CAVANAUGH

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    It doesn't take much critical reasoning to figure this one out.

How you feel doesn't matter. What you say and how you act matter. Threatening comments. Racially-based hate words. An apology is in order.

[[And as to Brooksie, if he hasn't apologized, then he certainly should have. The logic that Shabazz is not required to apologize because there's at least one other person who also should apologize is shameful. Apologies should be based upon one's actions. Not the apologies or lack thereof by others. Its called 'taking responsibility'. And its not based on the actions of others. Just your own. Shabazz is irresponsible in his words and actions. He chose to do so in a public forum. He is a public figure. People look up to him. He should be ashamed. That he does not seem to be suggests that he not a man of moral character.)
    Why should he apologize for saying what he feels??? You say he is a public figure because ppl look up to him, well doesnt just about everybody have someone that looks up to them??? I used L.Brooks as an example of the hypocrisy. You probably dont have a problem with LeDuff running up on him asking "what the fuck is wrong with you" or something to that affect on the local news do you? Should he too apoligize for being so disrespectfull? Or that only applies when people dont like what Black men say?

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Most of the small business are not black owned in the city, coneys are Albanian owned, party stores Chaldean owned, wig shops Asian owners, gas station Arab owned...
    64% of all small businesses in Detroit are black owned.

Just because they're not smack dab in your face along Gratiot or 7 Mile like the Gas Stations and Liquor Stores doesn't mean they don't exist.

Many of them just so happen to be LLCs [[which means they operate the businesses out of their home, only one or two people work for the company, or a combination of both).

Its always all or nothing when it comes to "helping" Detroit. Always. Either give us full control or we not interested. Thats the problem We have. EVERY SINGLE TIME "regional cooperation" is EVER mentioned is when something in DETROIT is being shared w/ others. NEVER the other way around. Why is that???

Are White people EVER going to take ANY responsibility for the conditions of Detroit??? EVER. We all know its not ALL your fault but yall played a very big role in this also. Are ANY of yall willing to admit that. I doubt it. Oh thats right yall perfect and it couldnt possibly be any of yalls fault. Thats right, my bad

I think It is Henry Fords fault,if he would have just offered the lowest wage around nobody would have migrated and this would be a non issue,maybe even Corktownyuppie because if he had run for mayor things would be a bit better off . Yep sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think It is Henry Fords fault,if he would have just offered the lowest wage around nobody would have migrated and this would be a non issue,maybe even Corktownyuppie because if he had run for mayor things would be a bit better off . Yep sounds good to me.

I got this.

"It's all my fault."
    - Slogan for Detroit Mayoral Campaign, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero;311756[B
    ]Why should he apologize for saying what he feels???[/B] You say he is a public figure because ppl look up to him, well doesnt just about everybody have someone that looks up to them??? I used L.Brooks as an example of the hypocrisy. You probably dont have a problem with LeDuff running up on him asking "what the fuck is wrong with you" or something to that affect on the local news do you? Should he too apoligize for being so disrespectfull? Or that only applies when people dont like what Black men say?
    Why apologize? Perhaps I'm mistaken, but his feelings sounded like hate speech to me.

LeDuff? I haven't heard the interview, but 'what the fuck' sounds like an appropriate response to Shabazz's ACTIONS.

...what Black men say? I don't like what Shabazz said. I don't see his race as a factor here. Just his hate speech.

Are White people EVER going to take ANY responsibility for the conditions of Detroit??? EVER. We all know its not ALL your fault but yall played a very big role in this also. Are ANY of yall willing to admit that. I doubt it. Oh thats right yall perfect and it couldnt possibly be any of yalls fault. Thats right, my bad
    You are rite I hate when white people leave a city and take their money with them. It's like taking your ball and going home in the middle of a game.

Oh waite this ain't no game. Now I don't know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    What cracks me up is that someone, I think she is on the CC, blames Mayor CAVANAUGH
    I'd say it is Pingree's fault, then. He shouldn't have taken that position as governor...and then dying so we couldn't still have him for mayor.

I want a mayor who is very interested in everyone growing their own food...

I didnt think so

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    You are rite I hate when white people leave a city and take their money with them. It's like taking your ball and going home in the middle of a game.

Oh waite this ain't no game. Now I don't know what to do.
    So Why do yall "care/love" the city so much only when it benefits you??? Why are yall ALWAYS in our business? Why do yall want a piece of whats left so bad??? O Thats right thats the apart of the "game". Bleed em dry, force em out and rebuild for your own. Thats cool

SteveJ Guest

Its always all or nothing when it comes to "helping" Detroit. Always. Either give us full control or we not interested. Thats the problem We have. EVERY SINGLE TIME "regional cooperation" is EVER mentioned is when something in DETROIT is being shared w/ others. NEVER the other way around. Why is that???
    Because nobody trusts a thief. The state and Feds have been giving and giving and nobody knows where the money has gone. I'm glad its finally over with and the adults will be running Detroit.

Why apologize? Perhaps I'm mistaken, but his feelings sounded like hate speech to me.

LeDuff? I haven't heard the interview, but 'what the fuck' sounds like an appropriate response to Shabazz's ACTIONS.

...what Black men say? I don't like what Shabazz said. I don't see his race as a factor here. Just his hate speech.
    Regardless of what it felt like to YOU why should he apologize for what HE thinks??? He feels like the White man is comming to takeover our city. Should the White man apologize for that???

Regardless of what it felt like to YOU why should he apologize for what HE thinks??? He feels like the White man is comming to takeover our city. Should the White man apologize for that???
    Anger is one thing. Not a fan of it when it's unconstructive, but we can live with it. "We'll burn the city down" is the incitement of violence. That's a problem.

Let me get this straight. You want the white man to apologize for what you think?

Exactly. Why apoligize cause of the way YOU feel about what he said. His feelings sounded like a hate speech to YOU. Thats my point. And what the Governor is doing sounds like a takeover of all Majority Black cities in this state and taking away the right to vote for all Black People in majority Black cities. So once again should they apologize for that??? They are elected officials TAKING the right to vote away from a certain group of people. Thats not AMERICAN @ all. But hey a Black man sounded like he was giving a hate speech and should apologize cause he offended you. WOW GTFOH

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast