Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Checkers needs to learn how to be competitive; 'nough said.

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    Checkers needs to learn how to be competitive; 'nough said.

Simple but very true. Welcome to a competitive market. I can say that I've never been to Checkers and don't really plan to go now. If they can't deal with a little competition then their business model needs to be adjusted. The logical businessman would have a promotion or change things up to compete, not whine on local news. Get over yourself Checkers.

Detroit needs *more* businesses. More places to eat, more bars, more stores, more everything. If that means food trucks, so be it. If that means roadside stands, so be it.

If it were up to the existing restaurants and bars, I'm sure there wouldn't be a single new restaurant or liquor license issued to anyone. It's not the city's job to protect existing businesses from new business, it's to PROMOTE NEW BUSINESS.

Occurrence Guest

I think the food truck should set up shop next to the Hardrock Cafe or Hockeytown Cafe. It shouldn't be hard to compete with
    the over-priced garbage they serve at the those places.

Hah! I don't really do sports but I do feel for the folks who are a 'captive audience' to the over-priced stuff, but hey if you buy it...

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    I think the food truck should set up shop next to the Hardrock Cafe or Hockeytown Cafe. It shouldn't be hard to compete with
    the over-priced garbage they serve at the those places.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Detroit needs *more* businesses. More places to eat, more bars, more stores, more everything. If that means food trucks, so be it.
    Fine, but they don't need to be on top of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    I think the food truck should set up shop next to the Hardrock Cafe or Hockeytown Cafe. It shouldn't be hard to compete with the over-priced garbage they serve at the those places.
    Thar ya' go!