Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Sonny's burger's still is a thriving neighborhood establishment located south west corner of evergreen and schoolcraft. perhaps some old timers have some recollections.

Quote Originally Posted by ggores View Post
    Sonny's burger's still is a thriving neighborhood establishment located south west corner of evergreen and schoolcraft. perhaps some old timers have some recollections.
    Indeed, Sonny's [[or Jackson's, as it was also known) just changed ownership for the first time in about 25 years. Get this, the woman who owned the place [[her husband died several years ago), upon her death a few months ago, willed the restaurant to the two cooks who have worked there since they were teenagers, both from the neighborhood.

For those of you who remember Cass Corridor of yesterday, I wanted to update you on the murder and dismemberment of my spouse, Al Canty, by John Fry in 1985 on Casper near Pit Street. I have recently finished a manuscript about my coping with Al's murder, built upon recollection, reviewing of court records, revisiting the old "haunts," interviews, autopsy report and so on. If you are interested in seeing excerpts of my memoir, please visit my Facebook page entitled "Till Death We Did Part." https://www.facebook.com/JCantyPhD/ I have just returned from a trip to Detroit and could not believe the construction downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Canty, Ph.D. View Post
    For those of you who remember Cass Corridor of yesterday, I wanted to update you on the murder and dismemberment of my spouse, Al Canty, by John Fry in 1985 on Casper near Pit Street. I have recently finished a manuscript about my coping with Al's murder, built upon recollection, reviewing of court records, revisiting the old "haunts," interviews, autopsy report and so on. If you are interested in seeing excerpts of my memoir, please visit my Facebook page entitled "Till Death We Did Part." https://www.facebook.com/JCantyPhD/ I have just returned from a trip to Detroit and could not believe the construction downtown.
    Welcome to DetroitYes board.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    Indeed, Sonny's [[or Jackson's, as it was also known) just changed ownership for the first time in about 25 years. Get this, the woman who owned the place [[her husband died several years ago), upon her death a few months ago, willed the restaurant to the two cooks who have worked there since they were teenagers, both from the neighborhood.
    Now that's interesting....