Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Curbed Detroit View Post
    What in the hell is an e zine? We are a blog.
    Forgive me if I misspoke. Then, I'm having a hard time warming up to your blog.

It just seems that a publication -- part of a network of similar publications in what, more than a dozen cities -- that publishes an "e" newsletter, and solicits advertising, could be more professional and avoid using the word "puny" to describe one of Detroit's more forward thinkers and doers.

We had an indoor rooftop pool and sundeck in Montreal in the old student housing in Montreal. It was great!

My feeling is...if Dan Gilbert is building a building..and he wants a pool, infinity or otherwise, on his roof, what business is it of ours? He pays the cost to the be the boss in this regard, I would think.

who would be eligible to use the pool?

I don't really care much about the pool, although it does seem a rather limited 'amenity' to ask tenants to pay for in a city that's one of the cloudiest in the country, and which only normally gets 3 months of warm weather.

But I do care that that looks like one hideously ugly building. Particularly to be put in such a prominent spot right in the middle of the city. Just the huge undisguised parking deck alone should be enough to get it the hell off of Woodward. We already have one large out-of-place parking structure on our main street, due to a lapse in planning and a deep lack of urban aesthetic sense, and we really should never build another.

I agree with those who say that perhaps rehabbing one of our beautiful and unused older buildings would be a better bet. Or at least, if you must build something new, come up with something that doesn't look like a suburban condo building perched on top of a parking garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    who would be eligible to use the pool?
    Residential tenants that sign a waiver for themselves as well as their friends and guests that may use the building facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Blueidone View Post
    My feeling is...if Dan Gilbert is building a building..and he wants a pool, infinity or otherwise, on his roof, what business is it of ours? He pays the cost to the be the boss in this regard, I would think.
    Great point, most people in this region thinks stuff doesn't work in Detroit, as if this stuff doesn't work in other cities successfully. It's a big deal when they feel if it's appropriate for them to use or shop there, like someone really care's if "1" person will make or break it. There's plenty, if not thousand who will shop, eat out, etc. downtown daily, ..like myself. People complain about what doesn't work in this city, how do you know? If he decide to build new skyscraper's, retail, restaurant etc..I guaranteed he will do well. Build and they will come...it's just that simple. He has nothing to lose, trust me. Metro-Detroiter's will have something to lose, a great opportunity to make a better region grow and create something special this region haven't experienced for century's. Speaking on overall development: building new modern skyscraper's/or rehab, new local and national retail/restaurants, residential/hotels, entertainment etc. It's all good in my books, keep it coming...forget and leave ALL doubter's behind where they belong.

The only thing I'm against right now is "Liquor store, dollar stores, and beauty supply store. We have enough of them, the city should ban anymore for opening in this city. We need solid, affordable, creative businesses, retail, and restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Great point, most people in this region thinks stuff doesn't work in Detroit, as if this stuff doesn't work in other cities successfully. It's a big deal when they feel if it's appropriate for them to use or shop there, like someone really care's if "1" person will make or break it. There's plenty, if not thousand who will shop, eat out, etc. downtown daily, ..like myself. People complain about what doesn't work in this city, how do you know? If he decide to build new skyscraper's, retail, restaurant etc..I guaranteed he will do well. Build and they will come...it's just that simple. He has nothing to lose, trust me. Metro-Detroiter's will have something to lose, a great opportunity to make a better region grow and create something special this region haven't experienced for century's. Speaking on overall development: building new modern skyscraper's/or rehab, new local and national retail/restaurants, residential/hotels, entertainment etc. It's all good in my books, keep it coming...forget and leave ALL doubter's behind where they belong.

The only thing I'm against right now is "Liquor store, dollar stores, and beauty supply store. We have enough of them, the city should ban anymore for opening in this city. We need solid, affordable, creative businesses, retail, and restaurants.
    Thank you Gistok, And blueidone too

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Thank you Gistok, And blueidone too
    What did I do? I haven't posted until now??

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    What did I do? I haven't posted until now??
    Oops I meant gthomas.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Oops I meant gthomas.
    lol you're welcome, but is so true smh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2