Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by laphoque View Post
    You see everyone, the most central and most densely trafficked part of the region and state just doesn't have enough people to support retail. If the future is in Novi, Troy, and Howell then Detroit Metro's future is continued stagnation.

Here is Taubman in the Free Press saying Detroit is not ready.
    We already know this.

The thing is [[and what I've come to the realization of) Metro Detroiters don't mind stagnation at all, espcially if those are the results [[lets me honest, most people in Novi, Troy and Howel don't give Detroit second thought, whether downtown or the neighborhoods, a second thought [[other than to go out of their way to say they have absolutely no connection with the city, or to se an occasional sports game), and in their lifetimes, they won't need to). They've had to deal with it for over 40 years, and they pretty much considered it normal now thanks to conditioning [[just like Detroiters and Detroit).

BTW, I highly doubt downtown Detroit is the most trafficked part of the Metro area. I would think that's either M-59 in Macomb County, Orchard Lake Road around 14/15 mile, Ford Road near I-275, John R. between I-696 and Big Beaver, 14 Mile between Stephenson Highway and Dequindre or Big Beaver in Troy.

Downtown/midtown are still relative ghost towns in comparison to the downtowns in other cities. The worst traffic I've experienced anywhere down there at anytime [[non-game day and during rush hour) is on Mack near the I-75 entrance heading out of Midtown.

Downtown and Detroit's neighborhoods may very well be one of the densest areas in the region, but that's mostly thanks to the fact that they were built historically dense infrastructurally, not necessarily bcause they have that large of a population relative to other parts of the region.
    Last edited by 313WX; March-17-12 at 09:50 AM.