Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ahhhh!!!!! I forgot..... What to bring, what to bring.....????

I'm bringing brownies

The last time I ate brownies at a picnic...

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    The last time I ate brownies at a picnic...
    Uh-oh.... if we keep jtf1972 away from the brownies... more Sand Pail Pudding for me!!

I guess it's about time to hit Honeybee & figure out what I'm gonna bring...

We are here. Enter park on park side. West end by Dequindre cut. I.e. not on the peninsula. Walk down to riverfront.

I'm disappointed I can't make it this year. Have fun everybody, see you next time hopefully.

Good pic-a-nic!

Had an excellent time at the picnic. Good to see old faces and new. Thanks Kathleen and Dave

Agreed. Kathleen and Der Grillmeister did an outstanding job. Nice to see old faces and shake hands with some new attendees.

Danny got back home, no problem.

Touchdown, Stromberg2! Had a great time and even took a spin to Grosse Pointe to help Res. Nice to see everybody again! Thanks, Kathleen and Dave and of course, PlymouthRes!

Stromberg2

Thanks all [[especially Kathleen and Dave)... Blueidone... came out of my sugar coma about 8PM....

Great to see so many young friends... and new ones!

Gnome... brought a wonderful "Olde English D" Apple Pie.... mmm mmm good!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gistok; June-03-12 at 07:33 PM.

And.. here was our picnic site after we were done... "take nothing... leave nothing..."
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Aww man!! We showed up at 4 and couldn't find you guys... We thought you all left already and we were too late! I even brought some ghettoblaster!

I'm so bummed

Note to Kathleen.... Next Year we need a DYES banner in the Picnic area... I walked past the group the first time as well...

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    Aww man!! We showed up at 4 and couldn't find you guys... We thought you all left already and we were too late! I even brought some ghettoblaster!

I'm so bummed
    Sorry, detroitsgwenivere!! We were there at the park until just after 5:30. I probably saw you and yours walk right by our group too! If so, you walked right by our little sign. Sorry about that!! Sometimes you have to ask folks when you're looking for a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Note to Kathleen.... Next Year we need a DYES banner in the Picnic area... I walked past the group the first time as well...
    Or at least more signs. We had more, just didn't think we needed them. Every year there are folks who try to find us and can't, no matter how many signs we have.

Thanks all for attending! Glad everyone had a good time!! Always fun to get together and catch up and talk about various Detroit issues and topics!!! And the setting at Milliken State Park was terrific...even if the wind was a bit fierce at times!!

Thanks Kathleen and the Grillmaster for another great DetroitYes! picnic. Had a great time, as usual, talking with old friends and meeting new ones. We also appreciate everyone making our grandkids feel right at home.

Anyone save the corncobs?

You should have planned better. This was a corn free event!

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    I believe you are correct. The veil of mystery will flutter earthward, angels will hark the coming and the heavens will part in glorious triumph as both birds and beasts kneel in awe at such a wonderment.
    So...how was the big unveiling?

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    So...how was the big unveiling?
    Sorry to report, but the unveiling will have to wait as our mystery guest was detained. I even brought my pipe and tobacco pouch to join the Swale in a haze of smokey blueness, yet rest assured any such activities would have taken place far from the clutch of any merriment-makers.

You were missed as were many others, but the cadre of attendees stood proudly under the speckled shade while swathed in a calming breeze.

^^^
    Damn, that's deep.

Stromberg2

Sorry to report, but the unveiling will have to wait as our mystery guest was detained
    Is that a nice way of saying he chickened out? Oh well, at least I don't have to kick myself for missing it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast