Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    In the words of Willie Hutch, I'll be there!

[[Don't know what or who I'll bring... decisions like that are not good for 2:26am)
    Thanks, jtf1972! We look forward to meeting you! Please let us know when you make your decisions.

Looks like 25-30 people have indicated that they will be attending.
    If you haven't yet posted that you are join us, please do so.

Reminder that you should bring your own beverages, your own meat/other grill item/entree, plus appetizer/side dish/dessert to share.

We will provide the grill and cooking tools, plus hamburger/hotdog buns, tomatoes/onions/lettuce plus condiments, munchies, starter beverages, plates, cups, plasticware, and napkins.

Here's what folks have said that they are bringing to share:
    Spinach-cheese pie
    Moussaka
    Baklava
    Hungarian sausage
    Rollups
    Fruit plate
    Apple pie
    Maple baked beans
    Bean salad
    Pita and hummous

If you haven't already done so, or have changed your mind, please post what dish or food item you plan to bring so that we don't have too many duplicate dishes or too much of something.

Thank you!

Looks like sand pail pudding is a "go"...LOL At least 2 adults and 2 kids, Kathleen...perhaps my father also.

See you all on Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by Blueidone View Post
    Looks like sand pail pudding is a "go"...LOL
    Thank you!! I was going to offer to come pick it on Saturday evening. Can't have a DYes picnic without Sand Pail Pudding!!!

See you on Sunday!!!

My name is Jonathan Wright. I have just joined DetroitYes; and I would like to attend this Sunday's gathering.
    Also, I am running for a seat in the Detroit area. I will not make a political spectacle of this Sunday's event, however. I just want to enjoy the day. If someone asks me about what I do, then I will discuss with that person my present endeavors.

Please contact me at 313.269.4551, if you can think of anything especial that I may bring.

Best,

Jonathan Wright
    State Rep. District 4, Candidate '12.

Welcome, Raskolnikov743!! You are more than welcome to join us at the picnic on Sunday.

As explained above, just bring a dish [[of your choice to pass), your own beverage and meat to grill or other main course [[we will have some extra grill items on hand), and a chair, if you wish.

Look forward to meeting you!

Kathleen

I will be there!! Not sure what I am bringing though.

Quote Originally Posted by cub View Post
    I will be there!! Not sure what I am bringing though.
    He heard "sand pail pudding" floating through cyberspace!
    [[Just kidding, Cub...was really hoping you would be there!)

Only two days to go!!! Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!!

And even if you haven't posted your intentions about attending the picnic....you are more than welcome to just show up at Milliken State Park between noon and 4 this Sunday, June 3!!

See you there!!!

We will also bring some pasta salad!

I heard a rumor that Kathleen was bringing Oriental Salad from Holiday Market....just a rumor, though.

Stromberg2

Blueidone... you'll be getting a special "hug" from me... although it will likely be "sugar coma induced"....

I also am glad Cub will be there... also p69... looking forward to meeting you!

I will see all of you there! Not sure, what to bring

Sorry to say, Gazhekinini and I will not be able to make it after all. We were going to bring Maple Baked Beans. We will miss seeing all of you and listening to the Grand Prix roar on the river.

UPDATE [[as of 6am Saturday morning)

Expecting 30-40 people to attend

Here's what folks have said that they are bringing to share:
    Spinach-cheese pie
    Moussaka
    Hungarian sausage
    Rollups
    Fruit plate
    Pasta salad
    Bean salad
    Pita and hummous
    Apple pie
    Sand Pail pudding

Reminder that you should bring your own beverages, your own meat/other grill item/entree, plus appetizer/side dish/dessert to share.

The Grillmaster and I are bringing the grill and cooking tools, plus hamburger/hotdog buns, tomatoes/onions/lettuce, condiments, munchies, starter beverages, plates, cups, plasticware, and napkins.

If you haven't yet posted your intention to attend and/or what you are bringing, it would be good if you did, but certainly surprises are welcome!!! Freel free to make a late decision to attend!!!

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!!

Kathleen

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    I heard a rumor that Kathleen was bringing Oriental Salad from Holiday Market....just a rumor, though.

Stromberg2
    Nice way to drop a hint!!!

Hi all, sorry about the short notice but my wife, 3 month old and I might be attending. I have been posting on here for 10+ years and would love meet some of you face to face.

Please join us, Bryan! Would love to meet you as well!

Hello! I am planning to come and bring some smoked chedder cheese-filled hot dogs for the grill. Not exactly health food, but hey hot dogs are for summer so let's fall of the wagon [[if you'd like) ----

Zacha341

cmubryan: Would love to meet you and the family!!!

Zacha341: Great!!

See you all tomorrow!!

Stromberg2
    Sorry to disappoint...the Holiday Market no longer has the Oriental Salad at their deli. I tried!!

Thanks, Kathleen, those guys are jerks!

Stromberg2

Thinkin my niece and a good friend may join us. We live only minutes from the park if you need anything please post. One question not asked....dogs? We do not plan on bringing any of ours but lots of folk like to include them.

Honestly didn't think that park existed beyond an artist drawing, it does and is a very pretty little park.

Thanks, Kathleen, those guys are jerks!

Stromberg2
    Probably just a business decision!! Not something against you personally!

We'll be heading to Milliken State Park soon and expect to arrive around 11am to set up our picnic site. See you soon!!!

Be sure to dress for the weather...and remember that it is cooler down by the water.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast