Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

One of my friends from the old neighborhood [[I think he lived on Manor) told how woke up about 6 o'clock, nice and early, and he went downtown to Qwikee and ordered a nice breakfast to eat while he planned his day. Turns out, it was evening, not morning. Those were the days, my friend.

highjinx Guest

LMAO! Oh Yes they were.

Qwikee Donuts was on the southwest corner of State and Griswold. I would stop in every morning to get my lemon filled donut and coffee and a tuna sandwich to take for lunch. It was across from the David Stott Building, in which there was an Awrey's Bakery.

The Mayflower coffee shop was on Woodward right next to the Wright-Kay Building. I seem to remember it being a narrow place but went far back with booths. I can't remember if there was a counter at the front because we always headed right for the back to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by DorothyD View Post
    Qwikee Donuts was on the southwest corner of State and Griswold. I would stop in every morning to get my lemon filled donut and coffee and a tuna sandwich to take for lunch. It was across from the David Stott Building, in which there was an Awrey's Bakery.

The Mayflower coffee shop was on Woodward right next to the Wright-Kay Building. I seem to remember it being a narrow place but went far back with booths. I can't remember if there was a counter at the front because we always headed right for the back to eat.

Here's a picture of the Mayflower .

Name:  MAYFLOWER.jpg
Views: 7977
Size:  42.2 KB