Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Yep, any hope of restoration or rehab has long past. I wonder if they will be imploded? Nope, they did not do that with the Jeffreys towers that were demolished.

Hopefully we'll get some nice URBAN development, not a suburban style housing complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoid View Post
    Hopefully we'll get some nice URBAN development, not a suburban style housing complex.
    I doubt it. The strong tendency in Detroit seems to be to replace urban high rise, but hideous and outmoded, housing projects with idealized suburban anti-neighborhoods of boxy and cheaply built townhouses, which are cut off from the street grid and grouped around parking lots.

This is, of course, pretty much as outmoded as the housing projects were, being straight out of urban planning circa 1970. Kind of apropos though for a city and metro area that seems to be permanently stuck in that era in so many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yep, any hope of restoration or rehab has long past. I wonder if they will be imploded? Nope, they did not do that with the Jeffreys towers that were demolished.
    The Jefferies were imploded - I was there. Well these were animated GIF's. Too bad that doesn't work. Can I upload an avi?
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by EZZ; March-11-12 at 05:50 PM.