Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
I assumed the bolded part was directed to me. No one said there aren't ghetto places in the city, and there aren't ghetto places in the suburbs.

However, I have encountered, on the whole, better services and quality of service in suburbs than the city [[especially the further out you go).

The only fast food restaurant I know in the city that's consistently efficient is the McDonalds on Chrysler and I-75. Meanwhile, many of the retail establishments in the places are either severely understaffed/poorly maintained/poorly stocked or the employees hired apparently don't know the meaning of good customer service. In that context, I consider those places "ghetto." These are just places we visit regularly, not the DIAs of the city.

Others likely see this the same way I do, whether they admit it is a different story.
Yeah, that's true enough.

However, as an aside, I don't know why people still go to fast food places with any expectation of good service/food and then feign outrage when the illiterate pimple-popper being paid minimum wage screws up your order and snarls through the tiny window [[I mean, you guys were getting along so well over that intercom, right?), city or suburb, Michigan or Alabama. I don't know why people still go to those stupid disgusting places to begin with...market forces, I guess...but that's another thread.