Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Could be a mix of any of them. I am partially just starting some trouble but I am a little unimpressed with the sudden woe is me attitude of SE Michigan and the rest of the country after they have spent the last 20 years mocking the plight of lack of jobs, opportunity and poverty in Detroit.

Sorry, my sympathy and empathy has pretty much been killed by the laughter/indifference towards the plight of residents of the city from much of the State and country over the years. Now that they are facing a small taste of the issues we face I can't help but find a little sick humor in the whining for help.
    Last edited by jt1; June-18-09 at 06:32 PM.

You guys talk about the economy and the mess we're in as if it were wind, or the rain, something we can't do anything about. Our situation is man made, and can be fixed, but not by blaming the workers or the retirees or the poor.

My brown-shirted friend can commie-bait till the cows come home, it's more fun to call me red than pay attention. I bet he didn't listen to a single word spoken at Tent City. He was too busy sucking up to the people who made the problem.

Please don't give me a list of Democrats in the summit to try and shame me, please. It was Bill Clinton, and many of the people who are currently working for Obama, who pushed "free trade" through. This economy might have found it's fertile soil in the Bush administration, but those seeds were planted by the Clintons and the Levins and their fucking ilk. A republican will punch you in the face and take your money. A free trade Democrat will put his arm around you and blow in your ear while picking your pocket.

I got to hear some tape of the speeches yesterday, one in particular stood out, as I read these posts. A man talked about his student loans, and how hard he worked to go to college [[seminary school) and how hard he's working now [[2 jobs) and how he can't pay off his loans. He wants to, he's not trying to weasel out [[the way the corporations are trying to weasel out of their assorted bills and obligations), he'd like enough work to get his head above water. What about him?

I read your posts, I know your answers. Fuck him, right?

Quote Originally Posted by pffft View Post
    So Bailey, you always go for the lowball vendor, not the best? I don't think I want to drive across any bridge you build...
    But that is not how the facts were originally presented now were they? The only facts were that there was someone who would do the same job for 90% less in cost. If that is true, and one is getting the "same bridge" why would one NOT do that?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3