Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Or conversely Obama blaming Bush for everything... but I hear your bigger point! Clearly there is a connection between the current state of affairs and Kilpatricks fiscal diversions... and continued diversions. So much CORRUPTION was hidden as we can and will see.

Again it's not a he was better than Bing thing - 'everybody steals' [[the usual canard of justification - this and that). Bing is a mess too... main difference is the money pot has dried up. Um eventually it would - duh! No one looked to the future.

The same is at the federal level as we spend our way to oblivion [[right and left guilt of this). Make money for your friends and they will endores and justify your actions..... for a lonnnng while!
    Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    "Whatcha gonna do. What can you do. It is what it is. @ least the city was better"

Are you missing the link between the current state of the city and Kwame's thieving ways? You're like the Republicans who blame Obama for the mess the county is in and act as if George W. Bush had nothing to do with how we ended up where we are today.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-08-12 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    Its so convient to forget that Detroit Wasted and entire YEAR. Yall Remember 2009 right. NOTHING @ ALL got accomplished that year. It was the 1st year Obama was in Office and he was making it rain all over the country except here cause we had nothing planned, Detroit didnt even apply for any new appropiations that year. We Had two Different administrations that year [[Cockrell & Bing). 2009 was very detrimental to what we see today. Not to mention Carolyn Lost. No representation on the money board for @ all anymore. How Hansen Workin out for yall ROTFLMAO.
    Wow, there is no convincing you, is there? You'll kick this dead horse long after the crows have had their fill.

Why don't you do something if you think we we were better off then, than we are now? Go protest in front of CAY. There's a Jimmy John's right near there if you need some solidarity.

For certain it did not happen overnight.

Fiscal corruption like most crimes is about 'gradualism' and justification... just take a little bit over here, divert that over there.... no one will notice. 'Everyone does it', blah-de-blah... Next thing you know, it's outta control! Folks got caught up in it, loved the lifestyle it afforded... had to pay people to keep quiet and endorse the thing, etc.

Opps, then the middle and upper class of Detroit thinned out - the tax base shrank, the money cache bottomed out. Umm, we're in trouble. now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Do you always anser your own questions.
    Who put Detroit in that position? It didn't just happen over night.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-08-12 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    Its not us vs. Them. Its REALITY. The city has NEVER been in the place its in now. The streets have NEVER been this unsafe, and Services have NEVER been this little. I say you must not LIVE here cause you cant possibly live here and feel the way you do. Yeah yeah yeah, yall say he "stole" all the money. However he hasnt been charged for embezzling one cent from Detroit. Hmmm I wonder why. I bet you one of those people that still think the "party" happened arent you? KK messed up Royally w/ his cheating, Lying ass. However thats his personal life as far as I'm concerned. He did a Good job as Mayor. All the rumors didnt help but its funny that they all was bassically presented as fact and how easy people believed anything anybody would say about him. The Whistleblower lawsuit was some bull, and thats what brought along his downfall. Gary Brown and Stefani Blackmailed/Extorted MILLIONS of dollars from this city and now they Heros. Thats Hillarious to me. Name ONE thing the city gained from his ouster. Just one. Bet the only one you come up w/ is him being gone. I Challenge you to name one. Isnt that what its all about? making the city Better. Well if you think the city is better now like I said b4 you OBVIOUSLY dont Live here. I've lived here ALL of my life and still do. I dont just ride by and go to ball games, I walk the streets, catch the bus, etc. Well I dont really catch the bus cause the wait is too long. Imagine waiting for a bus for over a 2 hours and you trying to get to work. Join our reality instead of watching it on TV and maybee you'll Understand how we feel. SMH

I live in this city - in a bricks and mortar neighborhood far from downtown - and I still think you're full of shit.

Kwame didn't just lie about banging some broads as you imply. He robbed the city blind.

Yeah, the city was better, but the city has been in a constant state of decline and that didn't change under his tenure. The city was also better under Young than under Kwame, better under Gribbs than Young, better under Cavanaugh than Gribbs. No one has reversed the trend, especially your boy.

At the start of Coleman Young's first term the city was totally functional and very livable, at the end of his last term the city was pretty much as it is now, completely disfunctional and looking like a shithole.

Coleman Young destroyed this city, I personally witnessed it, all the mayors after him [[including K.K.) have been left to pick up the pieces after the middle class tax base fled.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    At the start of Coleman Young's first term the city was totally functional and very livable, at the end of his last term the city was pretty much as it is now, completely disfunctional and looking like a shithole.

Coleman Young destroyed this city, I personally witnessed it, all the mayors after him [[including K.K.) have been left to pick up the pieces after the middle class tax base fled.
    Detroit was well into decline before Young ever took office. Young was not the cause of middle class white flight. If you personally witnessed it as did I you would know there were economic issues that affected Detroit but not necessarily related to the policies of CAY that caused industry and the white middle class to leave the city.

We have had threads and posts about CAY talking about what was going on in Detroit at the time. Now if you want to revise history then thats on you, but when you post stuff like that you need to be challenged.

As much as I dislike Coalman you can't put the entire burden on him. He did refine corruption and perfect the pay to play system but it was always a factor in Detroit. In the early days Detroit had a mega tax base and the monies that were pilfered were hardly missed. By the time Coalman took over the sizable chunks his administration were absconding were starting to make a big difference. KK just backed the truck up and took what was left.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Detroit was well into decline before Young ever took office. Young was not the cause of middle class white flight. If you personally witnessed it as did I you would know there were economic issues that affected Detroit but not necessarily related to the policies of CAY that caused industry and the white middle class to leave the city.

We have had threads and posts about CAY talking about what was going on in Detroit at the time. Now if you want to revise history then thats on you, but when you post stuff like that you need to be challenged.
    I'm not revising anything, I was born and raised in Detroit. I'm well aware the city was in decline before he took office, I'm also aware of the further decline after his terms in office.

He got elected and kept getting relected, all during that time the city got more and more fucked up. I was around all during that time, I saw the city go drastically downhill. As far as I'm concerned, revisionist history is pretending that didn't happen.

At the start of Coleman Young's first term the city was totally functional
    Totally functional for whom ? For black police and fire officers trying to get promoted, or minority companies trying to get city contracts, or blacks trying not to get there heads bashed in or killed as a result of questionable police tactics. How about the real estate agents who were getting over using blockbusting tactics. Or maybe it was functional for the drug dealers when drugs became out of control after 1967. Oh yeah, the construction companies got over tearing up long established neighborhoods to build those freeways. Don't give me that totally functional talk. It depended what side of the fence you were on

Coleman Young destroyed this city
    There are many reasons why this city is in the shape that it is in, that statement is the example of revisionist history

That's just as stupid as saying the unions destroyed GM and Chrysler.

Worst.

Thread.

Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Worst.

Thread.

Ever.
    I'll second that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3