That story was very well-written and just the sort of thing that the Wall Street Journal often has as a little treat on it's front page. I see nothing wrong at all with it being on the front page of the Free Press. Today, as a matter of fact, the WSJ has a front-page story about the Detroit union of pot-hole fillers that has a single member for its human-interest story.

I was more concerned about an article in the New York Times Style section the other day that profiled how students in the Center for Creative Studies have to do projects that benefit the poor of Detroit [[its. One student profiled said in the NYT that there are 20,0000 homeless people living on the streets here and that she has designed for them a coat made of space-age materials that can be unzipped into a sleeping bag.

Anyway, I'd rather have the humorous and human-interest story about the woman being terrorized by a territorial turkey than the pitiful story about how artists are being trained to accomodate Detroit 20,000 homeless people now living on the streets of our city. Who would ever want to come here when they absorb something like that?