Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hybrid View

Lowell, you think you fancy huh? LOL. Good job and thanks for all you do to keep the world informed of all things Detroit-Windsor.

Lowell,

THANK YOU. The new mobile layout works great on my Kindle Fire, one of my primary DetroitYes reading devices!

We greatly appreciate all the hard work you've put into running this site.

Thank you all for the kind comments. However a bigger shout out should go to Nic [aka Traxus], my partner in this endeavor and our business. It was his genius and grit that ground out the long hours of php coding and programing needed to transport ideas into reality.

You can also pat yourself on the back for it is your quality conversations that makes this forum and what energizes and inspires us.

I tried it out on the Iphone and it was smooth and fast . Nice work.

squeezed together
    Yes, I feel a bit claustrophobic. I also would like to see a Non-D button at the top.

Overall, it is great...but there are some formatting issues, overlap and such. Oddly, with the LLC claim and content warning phrase...on my MacBook using Firefox.

The Create New Thread button on Non-Detroit isn't working. Well, not for me anyways.

Plus, silver/blue at the top buttons is not enough of a color differential to be easily viewed.

Making Non-Detroit a few more clicks and delays seems discriminatory...heh.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Gannon; March-02-12 at 08:20 AM.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Overall, it is great...but there are some formatting issues, overlap and such. Oddly, with the LLC claim and content warning phrase...on my MacBook using Firefox.

The Create New Thread button on Non-Detroit isn't working. Well, not for me anyways.

Plus, silver/blue at the top buttons is not enough of a color differential to be easily viewed.

Making Non-Detroit a few more clicks and delays seems discriminatory...heh.

Cheers!
    Sort of like making sure that programming that makes liberal [[har!! see what I did, there?) use of "free speech" is aired at times when the least amount of folks will be tuning in.

It's going to take some time

welp...i, for sure, need my glasses now and some of the thread titles are not visible. otherwise, it's fine.

I feel a bit left out...

Where's "Non-Detroit"?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    I feel a bit left out...

Where's "Non-Detroit"?
    found it. bottom of page to the left.

Yep, I found it. I love the new layout and look and the skyscraper format ads are cool. I only wish the 'Non Detroit' forum remained the main page and perhaps 'Detroit Sports' was in the 'Other Forums' list.

Does the 'Detroit Sports' forum garner that much activity for home page placement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    found it. bottom of page to the left.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-04-12 at 07:34 AM.

Will this work on my android phone? Is there an app, or do I find it on the web?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Will this work on my android phone? Is there an app, or do I find it on the web?
    Just hit the website in your phones browser. It should detect your phone and display the mobile version appropriately. Right now, only the forum and home page are mobile ready, tour Detroit will come later.

For those having issues with the display on the full screen site, try updating your browser, as older versions don't support some of the features we now use. I've added an alert message that will let you know if your running an old version.

It's important to keep your browsers up to date, not only to aid in the development of a more fluid internet, but also to patch security loop holes and keep your PC malware free. [[I just dealt with a nasty trojan I got through an old version of firefox a week or so ago, don't learn the hard way).

The bolding of the titles of threads containing unread messages is much more reliable now. I used to have to refresh the page to get correct bolding. Even then it wasn't always correct. Now it works correctly all the time. This is in IE8.

On the "DetroitYES Home" root there are thick blue divider bars containing "Threads / Posts Last Post." If those could be made thinner it would reclaim some space for the more important text there.

Heh. Just noticed. Happy birthday, Lowell!

Strange. I just noticed that the ads are "tailored" to where the poster is coming from. Seems a bit odd to see ads for the Seattle Mariners and Lee Johnson Chevrolet in Kirkland [[suburban Seattle). Strange....

I have the same problem with the footer still at the top of the page, and all the links above this thread aren't clickable. I switched back to the old viewing style and it works for me now.

Best update yet for DY! Nice job Nic, on fleshing out of the twitter feed and all the rest. Keep up the good work!

My traditionally tardy endorsement: Republica - Ready to go

Only due to force of habit I keep 'stumbling' into the 'Detroit Sports' link tab which is now where the 'Non Detroit' link used to be but I am adapting. All links and menus are working for me using Firefox on a Mac.

It's really hard to log in now. For me to enter my user name and password I had to click the area above the input boxes to gain access to them. And it wouldn't let me click the login button at all. Fortunaatly I was able to use the Tab key to cycle though to it and press the enter key.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
    It's really hard to log in now. For me to enter my user name and password I had to click the area above the input boxes to gain access to them. And it wouldn't let me click the login button at all. Fortunately I was able to use the Tab key to cycle though to it and press the enter key.
    Gorath and anyone else with problems, please use a Contact & Support link at the bottom of any page. We'll do our best to find an answer. Be sure to inform us as to which web browser you are using [Internet Explorer? Firefox? Chrome? Safaris?] and which Operating system you are using Windows [XP, Vista, 7?] or Mac.

Please first attempt these simple LOGIN or KEEPING LOGGED SOLUTIONS : http://www.detroityes.com/mb/faq.php..._loginproblems

We are still debugging and developing this app particularly as to how it displays on the increasing number mobile and desktop browser versions and operating systems.

This is admittedly 'forward' developed, meaning we are not supporting aged browser versions. it is advisable, both for viewing this forum and for your own personal security, that you use advanced browser versions. They are all free and easily downloadable.

Doesn't work on the I-touch.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Doesn't work on the I-touch.
    Hmmm I use an iPhone [iTouch with a cell card] and it works just fine. You should get served the mobile view with option to go to full view. We will look into this.

with the I-touch I get what I assume is a mobile version of the new " front page"; when I click on the left most icon on the upper right I get taken to blanksville.

My work-around has been to gogle a known thread, click that, then click on "full site" at the bottom on the page.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2