Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Think now - who isn't doing their jobs? I think its the judges and juries that are letting the people off with slaps on their hands after the police have done their jobs arresting. Pretty soon you would get blase about arresting too if the perpetrators you arrest are walking away.

I have seen it happen. I was on two juries that would not convict men who were clearly dealing drugs. The first had a guy in the jury room reading the Bible to us, the passage about forgiving "70 times 70." The ladies would not convict. The second had a jury worried about the penalty law that requires life in prison for relatively low level of dealing. Even though instructed not to consider that, they would not convict to send one of their own away for life.

Look at th judges lately: Black women who appear to spend a lot of time at the spa and the beauty salon. They have big fur coats and bad attitudes. They are often late to court and they defer to the community that thinks their boys are always good boys. That's how they keep their jobs.

Our courts share a lot of blame for the culture we find ourselves in.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Think now - who isn't doing their jobs? I think its the judges and juries that are letting the people off with slaps on their hands after the police have done their jobs arresting. Pretty soon you would get blase about arresting too if the perpetrators you arrest are walking away.

I have seen it happen. I was on two juries that would not convict men who were clearly dealing drugs. The first had a guy in the jury room reading the Bible to us, the passage about forgiving "70 times 70." The ladies would not convict. The second had a jury worried about the penalty law that requires life in prison for relatively low level of dealing. Even though instructed not to consider that, they would not convict to send one of their own away for life.

Look at th judges lately: Black women who appear to spend a lot of time at the spa and the beauty salon. They have big fur coats and bad attitudes. They are often late to court and they defer to the community that thinks their boys are always good boys. That's how they keep their jobs.

Our courts share a lot of blame for the culture we find ourselves in.
    Maybe with the judges, but my experience with juries was quite a bit different. On the two criminal cases I have been on and we are talking Wayne county, both men were found guilty and one got life, and absolutely the right decision was made on both.

However there is a big difference between giving someone life for murder [[which was the case I was on) and giving someone life for low level drug dealing, and the women may have a strong argument for doing what they did.

All in all I think juries take there job seriously and in most cases they do the right thing.

I hate when people throw 'God Forgives' as an excuse to get out of punishment. The number one perpetrator of that is.....KWAME. Ugh. It drives me nuts. 'God has forgiven me'. How does he know? Oh....he doesn't. He just uses it as a campaigning/lack of accountability tool. I will be so glad when he ends up in the federal clink.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dmike76 View Post
    I hate when people throw 'God Forgives' as an excuse to get out of punishment. The number one perpetrator of that is.....KWAME. Ugh. It drives me nuts. 'God has forgiven me'. How does he know? Oh....he doesn't. He just uses it as a campaigning/lack of accountability tool. I will be so glad when he ends up in the federal clink.
    thug KK is big on throwing out the "cards"...first it was the race card, now it's the God card. I'm sure God has forgiven him, after all, God is all forgiving; but what about all the citizens of Detroit whom he raped and pillaged and all the friends and family of thug KK who stole from the citizens of Detroit...have they forgiven him/them? He hides behind the bible and the store front pastors and the entire time he's still stealing and living high in Texas and the taxpayers are still paying for his years as Mayor.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Maybe with the judges, but my experience with juries was quite a bit different. On the two criminal cases I have been on and we are talking Wayne county, both men were found guilty and one got life, and absolutely the right decision was made on both.

However there is a big difference between giving someone life for murder [[which was the case I was on) and giving someone life for low level drug dealing, and the women may have a strong argument for doing what they did.

All in all I think juries take there job seriously and in most cases they do the right thing.
    Typical logical fallacy.

Yes, there are idiot judges in Detroit. [[And frankly everywhere. Think stereotypical southern corrupt, racist judge of the 60's.)

Its important to note however, that justice is a very broad concept. We have a system where the occasional mistake is made. And fortunately, its almost always [[but not always) in letting the guilty go free. This helps protect the innocent who might otherwise be caught up in the net.

Its not perfect. But I've seen the Detroit/Wayne County system up close. And I've seen some very ugly things. But overall 'firstandten' is right. Most everyone takes their job seriously and does the right thing.

But there are mistakes.