Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My next-door neighbor passed out in the street one summer night two years ago. We called EMS. They came right away. She was stone drunk according to the EMS, not in any danger of death except from being run over by a car. Nevertheless, they took her to the hospital. She spent the night. She stiffed the hospital and stiffed the City for her EMS bill. So many personal experiences like that in a lifetime that can't get excited over someone passed out in a bathroom on Michigan near Livernois.
    Were there cars parked along the street? Is it a single side or both sides that have legal parking? I bet traffic would move faster if there were no cars parked on the street. I heard that people were parking their cars on the street there so they could keep an eye on em but its causing the flow of traffic to slow down. I don't drive down my own street because this street used to be better and much faster, but because it's in Detroit the traffic is much slower than on a street in Washington Township..........LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Thames View Post
    We're Detroiters. We just watched another baby get buried. This time, only nine months old.

It's hard for us to get worked up over a guy passed out in a bathroom.
    You don't have to get worked up over anybody. What you should be unhappy with is the lack of quick response of EMS in the city.

Your love for humanity [[or lack of it) is completely personal on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    You don't have to get worked up over anybody. What you should be unhappy with is the lack of quick response of EMS in the city.

Your love for humanity [[or lack of it) is completely personal on your part.
    Exactly. It could have just as easily been one of YOU that needed that EMS. But, I guess that people shouldn't be bothered by it since it happens all of the time... until it affects them personally.

When I lived in Detroit, the one and only time that we needed an EMS, 911 was busy! Nothing but a busy signal. This was back in the mid to late 90's.

It could have just as easily been one of YOU that needed that EMS.

That is exactly the point. A person having a heart attack or a stroke or choking on food does not make his way into the bathroom at McDonald's. They cry out for help, grab their chests, make noise, etc. Of course, EMS should be called and come quickly. But a pass-out in the bathroom at Mcdonald's, especially on Michigan near Livernois, likely indicates that the person is drunk or passed out on drugs. And it likely isn't the first time. And yes, I guess that EMS should come and evaluate that person. But what about the guy that's going to really have a heart attack in his home in a few minutes [[as Ken Cockrell Sr. did and died) or the stroke or the baby that can't breathe? There is only [[sadly) a finite number of EMS trucks and crews. How much of thier time is spent picking up the drunks and druggies that you feel for and not making it to the big ones? So when you need EMS maybe they are picking up a guy that had too much.
    Of course, I don't know for certain that the guy in the bathroom at McDonald's wasn't near death - but my experience over several decades is otherwise.

9mile&seneca Guest

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Why does anyone patronize any McDonald's after the McLibel suit?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLibel_Case
    Because they are Mchungry?This is kind of like Sienfeld. This could be New Yorkyes
    Last edited by 9mile&seneca; March-02-12 at 02:52 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2