Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Thanks Neil! Detroit has terrific houses, and I agree that that stretch of Atkinson is interesting. Actually most streets in that swath around Woodward all the way up to Palmer Park have great buildings. I wish I were more relaxed on Lawrence, Burlingame, Monterey etc. There are some real beauties on those streets.

HT - interesting about the blue Pewabic and some of the shared features. Wonder if there was a builder who produced multiple buildings? A pretty elaborate gambrel roofed house on Seyburn that I thought might have been by George Mason turned out to be a pattern book house - haven't tracked this one's origin down yet though.

This is the house in 1983...

Name:  110 atkinson 1983.jpg
Views: 1513
Size:  35.7 KB
    Last edited by southofbloor; February-26-12 at 07:28 PM.

Goodness what an adorable spacious house. It must get great lighting in the second floor corner area where the windows bend. Simply wonderful!