Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I can't understand why they all didn't rush the net in the last few minutes. We would have scored had they done that. That one last chance would have been a goal. Hossa missed it by one save. He made a bad choice as it turns out, but it was like 999 to 998 in reality. Couldn't get any closer. None of the players have anything to feel bad about, two great teams and one play separating their success.

There were a few bad non-calls, but overall you can't sit there letting the other team dictate the action for 37 minutes & expect to win. They had chances late though... Disappointed? Yes. But still love the team. Go Wings!

Quote: "Why were so many Canadian writers against Detroit?"

Rewatch tonight's third period. That's why they don't like us.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    It seems to me that the Canadian media and pundits wanted Pitt to begin from the start. Why were so many Canadian writers against Detroit?
    probably because the Penguins are a team that likes to WIN from the start, and keep winning, not just begin from the start. This hungry team likes to WIN WIN WIN. as in PENGUINS WIN!

Waddya think -- the Canadian writers were out there on the ice or something???

The Curse of Tiger Stadium lives on.

Thanks, Pitt, for fulfilling the prophecy! Go to Hell, Ill-Itch and all of your "Product".

Check out the definition of "game". I woke up this morning. Great. A hug and kiss session with the family. Great. Win, Win situation from the get-go following The Road to The Stanley Cup, every exciting moment of it. Now it's time to get on the Zamboni and cut the grass. And life goes on. No sour grapes. Just live with it. Restock the finger food and the beer.

It was a terrific run at the Cup...but the Wings just didn't have it in Game 7. C'est la vie!!

We still had a great time wandering around the riverfront before Game 5 and again for Game 7, taking in the fun and the atmosphere. IT was entertaining and spirited and exciting!!!

And that in part is what it is all about!!! Coming together, backing your team, cheering them on, and having fun! Too bad it wasn't a win for the Wings...that would have added even a few more bucks in the cash registers around town last night, today, and possibly for a few more days.

At least we were there!! That's more than you can say for the other 28 teams. Congrats to the Red Wings!! You done us proud once again this season !!

Well said, 14509glenfield and Kathleen.

How many hockey fans get to see their favorite team play into June, much less May? Perhaps we've gotten too used to the Red Wings' many years of success and it will be helpful to step back and see it all in its proper perspective - a process certainly helped along by last night's Game 7 loss. They're still a great team with a lot of great players, but for now, it's time to move on - there's a summer full of outdoor sports to be played, races on the river to be watched, interesting and new places to visit and things to do.....

Kathleen said, "At least we were there!! That's more than you can say for the other 28 teams. Congrats to the Red Wings!! You done us proud once again this season !! "

I couln't agree more! Nothing to be ashamed of at all. The Wings 'done Detroit proud', and there's no room for sour grapes among their fans. With some of the young talent they have in the 'minors', they're going to be in there for many years to come.

And why the nasty words against Illitch? How'd you like to have the Norris clan back instead?

I felt bad that they didn't win with Ali at the Joe in a Wings jersey. At least they went down swinging in the 3rd! ALI! ALI! ALI! ALI!

Besides the curse of Tiger Stadium being brought up, Word on the street is that the finals were fixed. All I can say is the Wings will be back next year and they did give us something to root for in the NHL. While I have a Steelers SuperBowl pennet hanging behind my bar, there will be no Pens stuff anywhere.

Blarf Guest

No the finals were not fixed. Whoever says that is a moron.

I won't say the Red Wings choked, but they did get outplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    It seems to me that the Canadian media and pundits wanted Pitt to begin from the start. Why were so many Canadian writers against Detroit?
    Basically, I have found that Canadians in general have a resentemnt towards Americans, It's not blantent, but it's there and noticable to me.

Blarf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Basically, I have found that Canadians in general have a resentemnt towards Americans, It's not blantent, but it's there and noticable to me.
    Which Americans on the Red Wings are they against? Zetterberg? Datsyuk? Lidstrom? Hossa? Hudler? Franzen?

Oh wait, they aren't American.

Maybe Chelios? They may of hated Hull too, but he's retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    Which Americans on the Red Wings are they against? Zetterberg? Datsyuk? Lidstrom? Hossa? Hudler? Franzen?

Oh wait, they aren't American.

Maybe Chelios? They may of hated Hull too, but he's retired.
    Was refering to Americans and Americana in general, I spend a lot time with people from Toronto, Montreal and Winnepeg during the winter when I'm down in Flordia. The resentment is there, as I said before it's not blantent, it's below the surface. I can notice it and my wife notices it too, she gets the same feeling I get.

Quote: "I have found that Canadians in general have a resentemnt towards Americans,"

Has a lot to do with our recent desire to spread democracy at the point of a gun.

I feel bad for Stuart. He contributed all year, then had one bad game at the end. Talbot, and the other team, was hungrier.
    The fact is, no team is going to win the cup by scoring only one goal in each of the last two games.
    One player should not be singled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote: "I have found that Canadians in general have a resentemnt towards Americans,"

Has a lot to do with our recent desire to spread democracy at the point of a gun.
    I think that's part of it, there's aspects to our society that smack them right in the face though: our dollar worth more then theirs, our taxes lower, the price of our goods and services lower.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2