Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Piston's own thier own arena. I doubt they would want to build something new or have to share something with the stipulations put on it by going in with the Wings, County, City, or State.

The County and City are broke. The State would set a bad precident by being involved with this as every other City will want something and use this as a justification.

A mall does not need to have anything more than a strip of grass [[think National Mall in DC). I would not read too much into this. Remember, Ford Field was supposed to be filled with stores and restraunts too and those places are still vacant. Between the number of events at Ford Field and nearby Comerica, this would have been a better draw for this type of development.

Whoops just read GIstock and Carmerro's posts. I am consistent with thier thoughts on this.
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; February-22-12 at 02:13 PM.