Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by winstonst View Post
    http://www.detroitblog.org/?p=2305 Here's a little story on Nortown Bakery.
    Sad story. If I ever go to this place again at least it's nice to know that this guy is packing a machine gun.

SteveJ Guest

Wow. I can't imagine why that guy doesn't pack up and just go back to Romania. This is no life selling baked goods in the ghetto.

The sign behind him says
    THE MANAGEMENT
    WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE WHAT HAPPENS TO CAKES AFTER THEY'RE TAKEN OFF PREMISES.
    What precipitated that? There's a mystery waiting to be solved.

Gotta hand it to the guy for perseverance.

The sign behind him says
    THE MANAGEMENT
    WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE WHAT HAPPENS TO CAKES AFTER THEY'RE TAKEN OFF PREMISES.

What precipitated that? There's a mystery waiting to be solved.

Cakejacking?

^ Yeah, that's probably it.
    He's a nice guy. I doubt his business gets much better, I just hope we don't read about him in the news as a victim.

Here's a pal's Paczki Day remembrances. Zabawiac sie!

I remember the excitement inside me growing as I would climb into the attic and help Dad bring down all the boxes of Paczki decorations.

I used to be scared climbing on the ladder outside hanging the Paczki lights. Dad would sit at the kitchen table for hours addressing all of the Paczki Day cards. After school each day, it was a race to see which of us kids could get to the mail pile first to count the number of Paczki cards we received.

On Paczki Eve we would all get together and decorate the Paczki Tree and sing Paczki Carols. I remember waking up the morning of Paczki Day and all of us looking around the house for the paczkis Mom and Dad would hide. As soon as we would find them all, the one of us that found the most would get a big prize.

We would then dress up in our best clothes and travel to Jos Campau for the Paczki Day Parade. Mom would stay behind and tend to the Paczki Day dinner - paczki pie, paczki soup, stuffed paczki, paczki bread...etc.

As soon as we got home we would run to the Paczki Tree to see what gifts had tags with our names on them. We all had huge smiles on our faces as we tore the wrapping paper off of each present. Soon after, aunts, uncles, and cousins would begin to arrive for the huge feast. We all would give thanks to God for our favorite paczkis.

Once it got dark,I loved dressing up in my paczki costume and going door to door [[to the houses with their porch light on) collecting more paczki. Once paczki break was over and we had to go back to school everyone was sad. The nuns would ask us how we celebrated this special holiday and if we new the true meaning of the holiday.
    It was a time to enjoy not only great food but also spending quality time with family and friends.

I hope I didn't leave anything out.

Happy Paczki Day!!!

Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2