Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The influence and psychological warfare center over there----> reminded us here in Detroit [[and Chicago)? http://www.youtube.com/user/The........show

They really did get us...We'll be back and they'll be compromised!

The........show's channel

They are cowards, remember that!!!!

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    Put in harms way because he born into a family that has had previous exposures to violence? Maybe. Put in harms way because [[its rumored) someone in the household was involved in a drug fued? Quite possibly.
    A vehicle pulled up, 2 men exit and fired 30+ rounds into the home. Many of those could have just have easily pierced a bedroom wall. No question, the bedroom is where the child should have been sleeping but to imply that he was being put in harm's way because he was sleeping on the couch is a stretch. This wasn't local, but this young boy was shot while sleeping in his bed just a couple weeks ago.
    And yet, whaddaya know, the kid is dead!! Imagine that!!

Ravine Guest

We all can break our goddam necks from the effort to stay politically correct or we can face some obvious problems that exist within our community.

I realize that I am harping on a point on which I have previously harped, but I am sick & fucking tired of the same old shit all of the time.
    Every time something like this incident happens, we get the scene of the grieving family & friends in front of the house, and inevitably I hear, "It don't make no sense."

For one thing, when did the sidewalk become a fit place for true grieving?

But, it's the "no sense" statement that really bugs me.
    Beelzebub did not send some random demon up from the abyss, armed with an assault rifle and orders to just pick a house, any ol' house, and pepper it with dozens of rounds. There's a reason why this incident, and other incidents similar to it, occurred. The sense it makes may be abhorrent, but there's going to be an explanation.

There's plenty wrong in this story - and in this family - to be outraged about, but I really don't think the 'sleeping on a couch' is the problem. If it wasn't the baby, it could have been the mother, or the grandmother, or another child. You should be able to sit and sleep anywhere in your home that you choose, its your freaking home! Why should you have to mark off "safe" areas to rest or congregate? My youngest kid still has sleepovers with his friends and they lay in all sorts of disarray around our family room, even though he has a bedroom, sleepovers mean hang out in the family room. But they don't have to worry about bullets flying through the window or the walls, that's a foreign concept to them, as it should be to ALL children. In Detroit, babies get shot in bedrooms and kitchens too.

Harping on the 'baby on the couch' is ridiculous. I've left my babies on the couch many times because if they fell asleep there sometimes it was easier to just let them lay rather than wake them up by moving them. And they each had baby rooms that looked like they belonged in a magazine. How about we concentrate on the reason why a family has to go to sleep in a Panic Room, instead of crashing wherever they please in THEIR home that THEY pay for?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    We all can break our goddam necks from the effort to stay politically correct or we can face some obvious problems that exist within our community.

I realize that I am harping on a point on which I have previously harped, but I am sick & fucking tired of the same old shit all of the time.
    Every time something like this incident happens, we get the scene of the grieving family & friends in front of the house, and inevitably I hear, "It don't make no sense."

Beelzebub did not send some random demon up from the abyss, armed with an assault rifle and orders to just pick a house, any ol' house, and pepper it with dozens of rounds. There's a reason why this incident, and other incidents similar to it, occurred. The sense it makes may be abhorrent, but there's going to be an explanation.
    I just thought this post should be here twice.

My heart goes out for the innocent baby boy, he favored his grand-mother. Sad and so senseless!

Regarding the over-crowded house situation as noted in many of these cases. Well that's an outworking of many factors: economy, foreclosures, housing shortages, and more folks returning to parents homes etc. I've often driven around my area looking at the increasing number of burnt-out, and otherwise abandoned, once lovely brick homes and majestic two-family flats.... Where did the folk go?

They all didn't leave Detroit, or Michigan. Nor are they all at the homeless shelters... or the streets.

Many are now holed-up, doubled-up, tripled-up in one house, on couches, blow-up mattresses, a corner in the basement, the living room, the attic, three in a bed room etc. Where families were once spread into two or three houses, we now have 'combined' families in one. Grandparents, parents, grown children, their children, cousin Charles, his fiance, etc!

There was a house last month that was struck by a car and caught fire and burned, and it was derisively noted in the 'comment' section of the news post that eight adults live in the small house. I was not surprised.

Communal living is the wave rather it is the workable, responsible set-up where grouped incomes and assets can be applied to the upkeep, bills and maintenance of household or sadly in some case the dysfunctional 'set' where some members within that setting draw negative activity and crime.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-21-12 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    Put in harms way because he born into a family that has had previous exposures to violence? Maybe. Put in harms way because [[its rumored) someone in the household was involved in a drug fued? Quite possibly.
    A vehicle pulled up, 2 men exit and fired 30+ rounds into the home. Many of those could have just have easily pierced a bedroom wall. No question, the bedroom is where the child should have been sleeping but to imply that he was being put in harm's way because he was sleeping on the couch is a stretch. This wasn't local, but this young boy was shot while sleeping in his bed just a couple weeks ago.
    Like I said I am not saying there is a direct causation between this kid sleeping on the couch versus the bed and now being dead. I think it is a snap shot into the lack of care this family had or the lack of resources this family had and it's that lack of sometimes everything that is the impetus for breeding more crime. Judging by other reports coming out this wasn't a soothing nap time scenario. The original report said the mother was sleeping in another room.

I am a nurse. I have seen some things through school and my time in different hospitals that are just short of amazing. More importantly my wife is a nurse on a mother baby unit and she sure has some stories too. Ask any other person in the health care field and they'll say people should have to have a license to have a child. Also what I am saying could be taken as a blanket statement about poor people but I bet I am correct in saying this child did not have a crib to sleep in ever. And that speaks to how this child was being raised and was going to be raised and the decreased chances this child had to make it to his first birthday even if this shooting didn't occur.

In a community health aspect the lack of resources to provide a safe environment inside and outside the house is huge problem that this family and the community did not address. This unfortunate killing of a 9 month old just highlights the dire circumstances some young families face and it's a shame. This wasn't the only infant sleeping on a couch that night and that's a problem. I say again, fix how children are raised, including where a mother thinks it is safe for a child to sleep, and the crime rate would go down.
    Last edited by adamjab19; February-21-12 at 08:42 AM.

...sidewalk become a fit place for true grieving?
    The 'sidewalk' grieving is the beginning. IMO the quotient, content, viability or characterization, viewable or private - camera's running or not - is very hard to judge.

Grieving is long-term and remains for sure when the cameras are gone! I witnessed the aftermath a multiple gun shot murder on my block and it is what it is. I saw some of the most stoic, reserved neighbors become very unhinged. Others were very reserved, before and after the cameras, microphones.

You think you'll react one way but then when it actually happens, well it is sooo different.

Some stay in the background and deal with their shock. Others not. It all depends on the situation.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-21-12 at 09:57 AM.

About the same time that lightpoles and the expressway shoulder became the best place for dingy memorials to lost loved ones.

Buy American Guest

Here are Chief Godbee's words from the Free Press this morning:

"These groups know who they are," he said "We know who they are, and we want them to know that we know who they are".

This statement reminds me of the Abbott and Costello routine "Who's on first", double talk.

It's high time that the Detroit Police Department is given some latitude to go out and round up these gangs and jail them. If you know who they are then go get them. It's high time that Detroiters stop worrying about police coming after thugs because of their skin color, from my point of view, this is a black on black thing and until the laws change and give Police the ability to randomly stop suspected criminals, these murders will continue.
    The family knows who did this because they have encountered this before. They won't tell police because they don't want to "snitch" and they want to handle it themselves....more murders and possibly more babies killed.

Hah! Just to interject a bit of gallows humur, some of those crosses and stuff are a good warning for a hair-pin turn, or blind spot on that particular stretch of the road or highway!
    Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    "For one thing, when did the sidewalk become a fit place for true grieving?"

About the same time that lightpoles and the expressway shoulder became the best place for dingy memorials to lost loved ones.

No worries here, with more layoffs of fire and policing pending there will not be enough police for the officers to deal with their own property and problems.... that is to say the police that still live in Detroit.

Yes the 'no snitching' thing is a problem, but in areas that are so ingrained in crime one block to another, related one to another in a way I can see why some say nothing.They've just thrown up their hands to crime and homicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    It's high time that Detroiters stop worrying about police coming after thugs because of their skin color, from my point of view, this is a black on black thing and until the laws change and give Police the ability to randomly stop suspected criminals, these murders will continue.

Sure there is. There is a follow up story in the paper this morning with a bit more information on the family. This child's parents are only 19 [[mother) and 22 [[father). They're just kids themselves, living in a world where crime, drugs, gangs and guns are probably commonplace.

Not to judge any book by the cover, but I think i'd look pretty hard at the father in this story.

"Delric Waymon Miller III, 22, said his son had recently started crawling backward. He said he wants justice in the boy's death."

Taking bets right now that the result of "justice" here will be another house shot full of holes and someone else losing their life.

"Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee Jr. said at a news conference Monday that the shooting is believed to be gang-related."

Imagine that....

Buy American Guest

I have to ask myself why was this particular house targeted for the drive-by? I would think it's retaliation. What did someone who lives in that home do to the shooter or the gang?

Retaliation begets rataliation....this is a vicious cycle and it will continue until the laws change, Detroit Police has a stronger unit to ferret out these thugs and the ACLU doesn't interfere every time someone is arrested or stopped by the police.

Quote Originally Posted by mkhopper View Post
    Sure there is. There is a follow up story in the paper this morning with a bit more information on the family. This child's parents are only 19 [[mother) and 22 [[father). They're just kids themselves, living in a world where crime, drugs, gangs and guns are probably commonplace.
    This is her second child, the first one is apparently 2, so she started having babies at 17-18. And the grandmother is only 39, so she was already a GRANDmother at 37.

Buy American Guest

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...l-gang-related

A definite threat of retaliation in this video clip.

The baby momma just told a 7 News reporter that her momma said it would be better if the police caught the people who shot her son so that they don't have to take care of it themselves.
    THIS IS THE MENTALITY THAT THE POLICE ARE DEALING WITH!

Oh, and it's all gang related.
    Last edited by Buy American; February-21-12 at 07:16 PM.

At least the overcrowded home thing isn't just a Detroit issue:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8552468

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...l-gang-related

A definite threat of retaliation in this video clip.

The baby momma just told a 7 News reporter that her momma said it would be better if the police caught the people who shot her son so that they don't have to take care of it themselves.
    THIS IS THE MENTALITY THAT THE POLICE ARE DEALING WITH!

Oh, and it's all gang related.
    "The baby momma?" What the fuck is this, Friday night at the Lone Star Bar? Could we stick with "the kid's mother?"
    But, I was wondering if anyone else heard those statements.
    I figure that we are a few days away from a similar incident occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    This is her second child, the first one is apparently 2, so she started having babies at 17-18. And the grandmother is only 39, so she was already a GRANDmother at 37.
    First you had crack hoe's having babies. Then you had crack babies having babies. What do you call the third generation? Just wondering.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    First you had crack hoe's having babies. Then you had crack babies having babies. What do you call the third generation? Just wondering.
    Do you always disguise statements in the form of a question? Just wondering.

Do you always disguise statements in the form of a question? Just wondering.

Sorry I will try and turn it into a rant next time.

Yep I agree, "baby momma" and other such front-loaded monikers are not helpful....

I looked into any updates on this story, and baby Delric Miller's mother has given a few statements today:

'"Somebody knows something and ... [you] better speak up. [You] better say something," Wilkins said. Meanwhile, the search is on for whoever is responsible for the death of baby Delric. Police have received several tips, including one that claimed the shooting may have stemmed from a bar fight.'

See rest of article:
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ce-20120221-ms

"The baby momma?" What the fuck is this, Friday night at the Lone Star Bar? Could we stick with "the kid's mother?"

But, I was wondering if anyone else heard those statements. I figure that we are a few days away from a similar incident occurring.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-21-12 at 10:45 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast