And also, would it have been possible to buy good starter home say 900-1100 SQ FT with a garage in move in or close to move in condition in an ok/decent neighborhood back in the year 2000-2001 in the Metro Detroit area for $100K to $115K. And would it have been possible top find a home meeting the criteria in that price range in the Metro Detroit area in 2004-2005 when home prices nationally at least seemed to peak?

Does anyone have an answer to this particular question above. I know it has no relevance to today's market, but as a reference point, I would ;like to know how the housing market was here back then. Because if prices are as low as they were much longer ago than most other areas, that makes me more worried we could be do for a rebound compared to other areas.

I have read things that prices are like 30% below 2000 levels where as in other metro areas, the worst is only like 5% or so below 2000 levels which would be Cleveland and Las Vegas. And yet, prices in Metro Detroit are similar now to how they are in Cleveland Metro area. So they must have been much higher in the year 2000 than they were in Cleveland if news reports are true.

If prices were reasonable in 2000 in Metro Detroit meaning it would not have been hard to find a starter home in good shape in an ok/decent neighborhood for $115K, that makes me feel much more comfortable than where as if they were much higher than that in 2000 and prices are back to mid 1990s levels. Because it would make sense that the further back price level year we are, the sooner or faster the recovery would become in an area such as Metro Detroit especially as the dollar supposedly loses value over time.

It may not matter either way what year price levels are at, but just wanted to know how the housing market was in those years for the price range of $100K to $130K as a reference point from anyone very experienced with real estate for a long time in this area.