Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I am also in Detroit, 8 mile and Woodward. Have all channels plus ch 56.1.56.2and 56.3.
    Bur I had to scan several times. I am still getting pixtellating, guess that's the word, but have been having the same on my Comcast cable for months now.

Has anyne had the same problem, in our area several poeple are having problems with picture distortion with Comcast.

Quote Originally Posted by pkbroch View Post
    I am also in Detroit, 8 mile and Woodward. Have all channels plus ch 56.1.56.2and 56.3.
    Bur I had to scan several times. I am still getting pixtellating, guess that's the word, but have been having the same on my Comcast cable for months now.

Has anyne had the same problem, in our area several poeple are having problems with picture distortion with Comcast.
    I switched from Comcast to Uverse because of that.

I've scanned several times on the portable tv in question, with no luck. I'll try it in another location sometime this weekend.

I'm sure the answer is just going to be, "buy more powerful antennas". Don't know how that's going to help for portable tvs used in emergency.

I'm out by 32 mile, and I have no problem other than 50. And even then, they come in perfect every so often. Try this homemade indoor antenna. Remember to grind off the shellac on the coat hangers at the contact points and strip off the insulation on the speaker wire. No need for a wire backing on it, but you can, if you want a boost. I made this out of junk I had around the house. More pics are on the old forum. This antenna beats all the expensive store bought stuff I've tried, made in China.

Attachment 1705
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-10-09 at 01:47 PM.

I've been using my digital box since last summer with no problem. Now after scanning several times today, I found out I lost 4.1, 4.2, 56.1, 56.2, 56.3 and the usual channel 50. Whats up with that ? Is there a WDIV engineer on here that can explain that ?
    If not, so long to more advertisers.