I created a thread awhile back about considering moving to Detroit and several of the posters suggested that I needed to come to Detroit and experience it for myself before making a big commitment.

I would like to come out and visit Detroit and take in the major sights sometime this summer or later in the year.

I love baseball and I don't care who is playing. I just love to watch the game so a visit to Comerica Park is a must.

I love visiting zoos, aquariums and the like and I don't know what is open in Detroit in that time frame or if any sort of rennovations are going on so if anyone can suggest things in this area I would appreciate it since animals, unlike general attractions can be quite tempermental in their schedule.

I also love museums. I would like to see anything that can enlighten me onto the history of Detroit. I have a particular interest in Native American history as well as anything that relates to Thomas Jefferson. I also enjoy seeing famous works of art as well as modern art.

I also enjoy architecture and Detroit has an unspeakable beauty about it. I would like to at the very least take a tour of Downtown Detroit and familiarize myself with the buildings of this fine town. A drive by tour is more along the lines of what I am looking for since I am far too chicken to do any 'exploring' of vacant buildings and have no desire to have a brush with the law. Detroit has a rich architectural history and I would like to see what is left of it before it is scrapped completely or decays into history. If there is time I would enjoy seeing other famous Detroit buildings that are not located in downtown. Especially if they are related to Detroit's musical or theatrical heritage.

I do not know what Detroit holds in the way of good eats but I hail from the south so locating some southern comfort food locations that don't entail anything spicy is a must. I also have a huge sweet tooth so any candy shops or local stands or the like would make good stops for me. While I do enjoy my Starbucks and coffee from home I would like to see if there are any shops or diners that serve a good cup of coffee with maybe some cake, pie or macroons on the side. I would also like to do some shopping.

Locals do it best so I am counting on the folks on this board to help me plan out a good time and help me experience what Detroit has to offer.