Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I do, as well, but that argument hasnt been made. Maybe you can discuss your moral obligation to do what is right for the country. That may involve doing everything in your power [[and in this case, legally) to keep the unfit out of power. There's a lot on the line.

The "doublespeak" explains the flaw in your argument. For that matter, nobody would campaign if we have already made our decisions. A lot can happen before November.

Again, its all about the under-laying motives of the person voting today. If its done without the intent to damage one party then great but if the motives are otherwise it is indeed immoral. There are plenty of ways to explain why you vote the way you do today, most of them are acceptable however some are not. I am only speaking to the specific case of voting with the sole intent of "damaging" the other party.

If you plan to vote based on what you posted above i cannot find a moral issue with that but I can definately disagree with your view of the world. That however is a different discussion. Fair?

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Same thing where I live. Center Line Public Schools has two ballot proposals up for millage increases to improve school facilities. I thought to myself, wow, this probably won't pass due to the republican primary.

Here's a list of local issues being voted on today:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/so...s_374407_7.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    Again, its all about the under-laying motives of the person voting today. If its done without the intent to damage one party then great but if the motives are otherwise it is indeed immoral. There are plenty of ways to explain why you vote the way you do today, most of them are acceptable however some are not. I am only speaking to the specific case of voting with the sole intent of "damaging" the other party.

If you plan to vote based on what you posted above i cannot find a moral issue with that but I can definately disagree with your view of the world. That however is a different discussion. Fair?
    We can agree to disagree, but that would have to include our understanding of morality. I think undermining something you perceive as disastrous in the name of survival is certainly moral. This may include a political party.

We can agree to disagree, but that would have to include our understanding of morality. I think undermining something you perceive as disastrous in the name of survival is certainly moral. This may include a political party.
    Agreed, we could peel back and compare every layer of our individual morality and find counterpoints for days/weeks/years on end.

That being said, if the same thing happens if/when the roles of the parties are reversed I would expect everyone that is voting today for this reason not make one peep about it happening to them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    Agreed, we could peel back and compare every layer of our individual morality and find counterpoints for days/weeks/years on end.

That being said, if the same thing happens if/when the roles of the parties are reversed I would expect everyone that is voting today for this reason not make one peep about it happening to them in the future.
    Agreed 100%. Look at the civility!

Agreed 100%. Look at the civility!
    Aye, even us right leaning types are pretty level headed. Also, it is nice to see that the golden rule applies to most people, regardless of moral/ethical position.

Quote Originally Posted by JDKeepsmiling View Post
    I am doing this except for one big change. Becuase the nomination of president Obama is a lock, I am going to vote in the Republican pirmary to help eliminate the candidate that I dislike the most. It is not about giving Obama an easy re-election, it is about making sure that the eventual Republican nominee is someone I can deal with if elected president. I personally so nothing wrong with this approach at all.
    Agreed.

If I did vote, that would have been my exact reason for voting as well.

In fact, I don't even want Obama reelected. But he's the best between himself and the other "candidates."

Romney is complaining about the Dems voting in republican primaries, yet this is what he said about doing the same thing:

In Massachusetts, if you register as an independent, you can vote in either the Republican or Democratic primary," said Romney, who until he made an unsuccessful run for Senate in 1994 had spent his adult life as a registered independent. "When there was no real contest in the Republican primary, I’d vote in the Democrat primary, vote for the person who I thought would be the weakest opponent for the Republican.
    http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-...ce-115774.html

I wasn't really planning to vote at all until I heard those comments from the Mitt. I figured turnabout is fair play, so I did what he did and voted for Tsongas [[oops, wrong election). Whether you vote to get the best possible choices in the GE, or to get the candidate that would be easiest to defeat, it's part of the democratic process as long as there are open primaries.

I was a "Santorum Democrat" in the voting booth today. I can't stand to see Romney continue on with his massive amounts of money being put into this campaign. It's as if he's trying to buy the presidency the same way George Steinbrenner would get a bunch of high priced free agents to buy the pennant for the Yankees.

[QUOTE=jackie5275;306613]I was a "Santorum Democrat" in the voting booth today. I can't stand to see Romney continue on with his massive amounts of money being put into this campaign. It's as if he's trying to buy the presidency the same way George Steinbrenner would get a bunch of high priced free agents to buy the pennant for the Yankees.[/QUOTE]

Or the way Obama outspent McCain in the 2008 election by a huge margin?

Well......looks like the shyster squeeked out a win. Man I hope he doesn't in November, or us "common folk" will be in a world of hurt.

Default Romney wins!!!!!!!!!

Even with you Obama tools crossing over and voting for Santorum, Romney wins the headlines tomorrow and the great majority of the delegate today. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by docmo View Post
    Even with you Obama tools crossing over and voting for Santorum, Romney wins the headlines tomorrow and the great majority of the delegate today. Ha!
    While Arizona is a winner-take-all state, Michigan is not... so based on the 36-33-10-8 results [[Romney-Sant-Paul-Gingrich), the top two are in line to get equal or within 1 or 2 delegates of each other...

Quote Originally Posted by docmo View Post
    Maybe he will win in November and we will swap one centrist for another.

Looks like it was a tie in delegates....hmmm

"Or the way Obama outspent McCain in the 2008 election by a huge margin?"

Compare where Obama's money is coming from versus Romney. Obama's raising a lot of money from small dollar donors. Romney's relying on big donors. The same was true for Obama in 2008. He raised a lot of money in small donations.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    "Or the way Obama outspent McCain in the 2008 election by a huge margin?"

Compare where Obama's money is coming from versus Romney. Obama's raising a lot of money from small dollar donors. Romney's relying on big donors. The same was true for Obama in 2008. He raised a lot of money in small donations.
    Just asking, what difference does it make if it's small donors or big? The objection is to win the election isn't it?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4