Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Ron Paul is frightening. Crass content: http://www.littleredumbrella.com/201...ing-sucks.html
    Thanks for posting that.

But yeah, as long as he's not brought and paid for, I can smoke weed without the police on my back and we can all sing kumbaya with each other, he's the man for the job!!! Never mind the fact that most of his policies would send us right back to the colonial era overnight, a time period where 90% of society has fought hard against for centuries to move us beyond. The laws he and his bots want to supposedly abolish were put in place for a reason, and if they think getting rid of them will improve anything for anyone who isn't wealthy, middle-aged, white and male then they're sadly mistaken and heavily misguided.
    Last edited by 313WX; February-19-12 at 07:51 PM.

Okay, so, if you are already a registered voter... how do you "request a Republican ballot"?

Just show up to the polling place on February 28 and ask for one and fill it out?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Thanks for posting that.

But yeah, as long as he's not brought and paid for, I can smoke weed without the police on my back and we can all sing kumbaya with each other, he's the man for the job!!! Never mind the fact that most of his policies would send us right back to the colonial era overnight, a time period where 90% of society has fought hard against for centuries to move us beyond. The laws he and his bots want to supposedly abolish were put in place for a reason, and if they think getting rid of them will improve anything for anyone who isn't wealthy, middle-aged, white and male then they're sadly mistaken and heavily misguided.
    Freedom is scary isn't it? Sounds more like you want someone to take care of you and make decisions for you than you want your liberty. I guess you don't like middle age white guys either. Pretending for a moment that Ron Paul was middle aged, how about the racial appeal of the newly released Ron Paul Announces the 2012 YouTube Launch of White People for Ron Paul ?

How would internet freedom, a reversal of the encroaching police state, the end of trillion dollar annual deficits, local control of health care and educational programs, Wall Street bailouts, and the end of ongoing wars and provocations bring us back to the colonial era overnight? You have a choice. You can vote for Ron Paul in the primary to provide him delegates in the Republican convention or you can vote for one of the other candidates, including Obama, and you will maintain the status quo. If you don't vote for Ron Paul in the primary, you increase the measure of Santorum not getting in by the weight of your vote. He seems more likely to get us into WWIII than even Obama or the other Republicans.Democrats should consider all the viewing fun they will have at the Republican convention when they put Ron Paul supporters into it to undermine the neo-con establishment there.

Obama's handiwork as brought to us by everyone who voted for Obama last time around. The Republican candidates don't offer a better foreign policy except Ron Paul.

If I were back in Michigan I would consider voting in the GOP primary. But I'd have to bring a barf bag along.

Oladub- As far as Paul is concerned, let me see a fully functional libertarian society not just snippets of libertarian policy here and there and then I could evaluate how Ron Pauls policies will affect me directly and the unintended consequences that I might face living in such a society. I don't think most people are ready to experiment with policies that may or may not work.

The fact that there is no such society speaks volumes as to what we might face. Well there are but we might not want to use those as examples.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Oladub- As far as Paul is concerned, let me see a fully functional libertarian society not just snippets of libertarian policy here and there and then I could evaluate how Ron Pauls policies will affect me directly and the unintended consequences that I might face living in such a society. I don't think most people are ready to experiment with policies that may or may not work.

The fact that there is no such society speaks volumes as to what we might face. Well there are but we might not want to use those as examples.
    The opposite of libertarian is authoritarian which is probably the natural order for our species. Constant attention is needed to prevent such a reversion. A pure libertarian would be an anarchist. Ron Paul is not that being obligated to the Constitution. However, considering the direction we are going in with regards to our foreign policy and losses of personal liberties, perhaps we need to nuance the direction of our government away from its authoritarianism heading.

"We've slipped away from a true Republic. Now we're slipping into a fascist system where it's a combination of government and big business and authoritarian rule and the suppression of the individual rights of each and every American citizen." -Ron Paul 2/18/12

I think he was making a reference, in part, to the other four presidential candidates.

ED:
    Yes, show up, ask, receive and fill out ballot. It's very simple.

registration for the primaries ended a while ago. i registered myself along with a group of highschoolers as part of plan to get the young voting

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    The primary is for all of the electorate. To not vote is to not understand your role. I am not affiliated with either party because I don't think either party represents my interests very well. This however does not mean that I will sit back and allow what I would consider to be the most damaging of the candidates to be elected whether it would be a dem or a rep. You have a vote for a reason and should use it to exercise your right to have a government that best suits what you believe what the government should be.

If you don't vote then you don't have any right criticizing whomever gets the eventual nod of either party.

Never said I wasn't voting. I have voted in all but one election since I turned 18 and that was because I had to go out of town last minute so I didn't get a absentee ballot. I stated that I would not be voting in the republican primary. If memory serves correctly ballots are split into two sides for partisan elections and you can only fill out one side or your ballot is considered invalid. You don't have to declare which party to vote for to anyone just dont vote for both.

You spend my money for an election: I will be voting....otherwise, its the GOP having the people subsidize their short sightedness...Its time for corrective lenses.....VOTE!

VOTED! #1 in my precinct.....

Why would you vote in another partys primary if you know you will be voting for another party come November? I am assuming you want to try to create "chaos" attempting to foil that partys chances in the full election. To me that is a form of cheating that shows the true character of some people.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    Yeah, but between Romney, Santorum, Gingrich, and Paul, it's honestly hard for me to pick just one to hate.
    I feel ya, just put a blindfold on when making your choice, you can't lose either way.

Let's give Fred Karger a delegate from Michigan. www.fredkarger.com/

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    Why would you vote in another partys primary if you know you will be voting for another party come November? I am assuming you want to try to create "chaos" attempting to foil that partys chances in the full election. To me that is a form of cheating that shows the true character of some people.

Just my opinion.
    Or the realization that the candidate they plan to vote for in the general just isn't very good.

If I plan to vote for an incumbent I always want the other party to bring the best candidate forward to run against him/her. The idea of creating chaos so we can improve our candidates chances of winning seems pathetic to me.

There are Democrats and Republicans on the ballot...vote your choice...you are paying for it. If the Republicans wanted a closed primary, they would have payed for it as a caucus....like the Dems did...

Just my opinion.
    What if you're neither a Republican nor a Democrat?

This isn't a sporting event. It's not "cheating" to want to minimize the damage to your life & this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu Warrior View Post
    There are Democrats and Republicans on the ballot...vote your choice...you are paying for it. If the Republicans wanted a closed primary, they would have payed for it as a caucus....like the Dems did...
    There actually 2 seperate ballots, Democrat [[only Obama on it) and Republican [[about 10 candidates on it).

You can try to justify the actions that some are taking today any way you want. I personally find it morally wrong and again, to me, it shows the true ethical fabric of certain people.

Just my opinion.
    I consider the Republican Party and the special interests they represent, like the lack of effective regulators on Wall Street to achieve a free market economy, to be responsible for the "chaos" created by collapsing home prices, the resulting wave of mortgage foreclosures, the resulting recession and economic dislocation from layoffs and business failures, the creation of highly rated worthless derivatives to pass on the fraud to unsuspecting investors and allowing this country to be attacked by foreign forces on 9/11. They have done more damage to this country than al Qaeda could ever hope to achieve. If I can create a little chaos in their Presidential candidate search, then I consider it my patriotic duty to do so. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    I consider the Republican Party and the special interests they represent, like the lack of effective regulators on Wall Street to achieve a free market economy, to be responsible for the "chaos" created by collapsing home prices, the resulting wave of mortgage foreclosures, the resulting recession and economic dislocation from layoffs and business failures, the creation of highly rated worthless derivatives to pass on the fraud to unsuspecting investors and allowing this country to be attacked by foreign forces on 9/11. They have done more damage to this country than al Qaeda could ever hope to achieve. If I can create a little chaos in their Presidential candidate search, then I consider it my patriotic duty to do so. Just my opinion.

Aye, if that is how you think then do what you feel is right. I simply feel that people like you are just as bad as others, such as:

http://www.dailytribune.com/articles...c808283016.txt

But if you feel like your actions allow you to look in the mirror and like what you see every morning, by all means, do it.

Partisan politics have tales of morality built in now?

I don't think so. Quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Partisan politics have tales of morality built in now?

I don't think so. Quite the opposite.
    Problem is, I am an individual. I have my own morals and I live by them and I dont compromise them just because other people/entities do.

I voted in the GOP primary today. Ron Paul is the most compatible with my views. Romney is a flip-floping say-anything-to-get-elected rubber spine. Santorum is a right-wing nut that wants to put religion into law. Gingrich scares the hell out of me, he's just another right-wing warmonger.

While I'm a fiscal conservative, I find most republican candidates repulsive, because they want to spend gobs of money on war. If Gingrich or Santorum are elected, we will end up in a war with Iran. Most republicans mock Obama's diplomacy as weak.

I will more than likely vote for Obama because of his foreign policy credentials. Obama has started to open communication lines with Iran.

Republicans will only talk to Iran on the precondition that they submit to what we want them to do. The whole point of talking is to go from a point of not agreeing, to a middle ground.

I have morals too...I dont want to waste my tax dollars...You cant expect me to pay for an election and then bar me from voting in it. That is a intellectually dishonest position, and bereft of the principles of our constitution.

I am a citizen and a tax payer...it is my civic duty and moral obligation to vote...and I have made my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu Warrior View Post
    I have morals too...I dont want to waste my tax dollars...You cant expect me to pay for an election and then bar me from voting in it. That is a intellectually dishonest position, and bereft of the principles of our constitution.

I am a citizen and a tax payer...it is my civic duty and moral obligation to vote...and I have made my choice.
    Civic duty and moral obligation to vote for the person who you would vote for again in November. You have the ability to vote for that person today as well yet you will do otherwise in an attempt to undermine the other party.

Justify it any way you want.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast