Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ccbatson Guest

Our fossil fuels [[not really fossil fuels, unless Dinosaurs lived on moons of Jupiter with oil/oil like materials), are being used, and have been since burning them had been discovered...so what? Running out? hardly, and our understanding of their origins, renewability and accessibility is expanding over time.

Do tell us more about the existance of oil and its non-organic origins , Cc.

We wait with bated breath/

Gazhekwe - I think some of the miscommunication here is due to a difference in vision, yes, but also in the path followed by those who lost their original instructions. I am so pleased to see what you have posted.
    t

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Our fossil fuels [[not really fossil fuels, unless Dinosaurs lived on moons of Jupiter with oil/oil like materials), are being used, and have been since burning them had been discovered...so what? Running out? hardly, and our understanding of their origins, renewability and accessibility is expanding over time.
    what oil-like material is on Jupiter's moons? and a source, please.

Quote Originally Posted by jams View Post
    Do tell us more about the existance of oil and its non-organic origins , Cc.

We wait with bated breath/
    This thread is about Michigan Tribes Take the Lead on Green. Other tribes further west have been actively producing green energy since at least 2003. The Rosebud Sioux built some wind generation units then. "On February 27, 2003, the first utility-scale Native American wind turbine was installed on the Rosebud Sioux Indian Reservation." http://www.nwcommunityenergy.org/win.../rosebud-sioux Other prarie tribes have also committed to producing wind generated electricity. Maybe the tribes will get a last laugh in that the treaties did not anticipate the value of wind. They got the land with profitable #5&6 average winds.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Wrong thread for this but there is a lot of expensive to refine or deep oil if we can afford to pay the price. Canadian sand tar and Venezuelan oil are plentiful but expensive and ecologically messy to refine. Brasil has made huge new discovories but a lot of its oil is in two mile depths of ocean and quite expensive to extract. Bats should say that there is a lot of expensive oil around. Still, it is a finite resource and might be better used seven years or generations from now for some higher purpose.
    http://www.fool.com/investing/value/...hats-next.aspx [[see first two paragraphs)

Wind is a strange thing. Bay Mills Indian Community is right across the St. Mary's River from this huge Canadian wind Farm, Prince Wind Farm, Canada's largest:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/5344514

http://www.beyondfossilfuel.com/windpower/canada.html

We were all really hopeful we could build our own wind farm. Come to find out, the wind goes briskly and consistently across Gros Cap where the wind farm is, and slights our side of the river. Mind, I have seen some very impressive windy days there, but apparently it isn't consistent enough to support a wind farm. We probably settled there because it wasn't as windy. The related communities of Gitigaan-ziibi[[Garden River) and Bawaating are not out on Gros Cap either. If you look at the map, Gros Cap sticks right out in Whitefish Bay, making it a natural wind target.

Did anyone else notice how the per barrel prices plummeted when Bush announced a lifting of an executive prohibition on offshore drilling, and more so when the congress relented on the moratorium? Even more telling is the increases now that Obama has reinstituted the government blockage of domestic energy exploration.
    The prices are falling again, this runs against what you just stated.

Also, what people fail to realize about domestic oil production is this: whatever oil we extract from our shores, must go on the global market and could very well be purchased by, say, China or India.

The right wing nuts on AM radio[[and idiot politicians like Palin) fail to mention this while they chant "drill baby, drill".

Excellent and informative posts Gazhekwe, keep them coming.

ccbatson Guest

It surged then leveled, you realize the next surge is just around the corner, don't you? If we want to have some degree of control, we must not exempt ourselves from participating in the energy market on both the supply and consumption side.

Overall, the price is set by the speculators and traders and last time I checked, they are trying to maximize profits, not offer cheaper products.

Besides, the summer months are always higher due to increase in demand, and then in the winter months, when travel is lighter the price drops.

ccbatson Guest

Speculators always try to maximize profits...that is their purpose.

DocTerry and Detroitej, thank you for letting me know you enjoy those posts.

Oh you've got to know I'm eating them up, too.

Gazhekwe, I try to keep up with much of that, but don't always catch the stuff outside the Detroit-metro area and greatly appreciate it - these things don't get posted in the places I'd expect. I thank you for taking the time.

ccbatson Guest

I am reluctant to say this, but I am appalled that these folks have been so thoroughly duped by the radical environmentalist's hoax.

I am reluctant to say this, but I am appalled that these folks have been so thoroughly duped by the radical environmentalist's hoax.
    Whom are you referring to as the radical environmentalist?

Reluctant? Hell, when did that stop you from expressing an opinion?

Even more to the point, you just did.
    Last edited by jams; July-22-09 at 10:01 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Al Gore as ring leader, all liberals in office [[unless someone can identify an exception), and many RINOs are the folks that I consider radical environmentalists.

I've been sitting in Elk Rapids for the last week freezing my butt off. Al Gore is full of crap, and 99% of this green movement is hogwash.

Al Gore sits on the Tri-Lateral Committee and is an active participant in the Pentavirate. He and the Pope, the Jews, and the Masons are plotting to force the world into a Unitary government, and global warming will be the lever they use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I've been sitting in Elk Rapids for the last week freezing my butt off. Al Gore is full of crap, and 99% of this green movement is hogwash.
    Thunderstorms must be a myth because I just looked out my window and it isn't raining at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by elganned View Post
    Al Gore sits on the Tri-Lateral Committee and is an active participant in the Pentavirate. He and the Pope, the Jews, and the Masons are plotting to force the world into a Unitary government, and global warming will be the lever they use.
    What I want to know is where do the Hare Krishna's fit into this picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Sorry Ray, I disagree! I want clean water in my water supply and fruits and veggies free of chemicals I don't want in my body.

ccbatson Guest

Elganned...that is taking it too far into conspiracy theory...into Gannon territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    What I want to know is where do the Hare Krishna's fit into this picture?
    DON'T get me started...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast