Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thanks for reviving this thread, Pam. I think it was one of the better discussions the board has had lately.

With your posting, it seems that Ms Jennifer was always a hetrosexual and was just waiting for the right guy to come along. I'm happy that they are happy; however, I thought one of the accepted "truths" about homosexuality was that one was born that way, that it is a natuaral state of being and that you can't switch teams. The derisive language used against those who think one can pray themselves straight is one such graphic example. The inference is that such "pray straight" programs are unnatuaral and unhealthy.

Hence my question would be, was ms. Jennifer a hetrosexual in an unnatuaral homosexual relationship with Chastity, but now that Chaz has arrived their relationship is now natural and healthy?

I understand I'm asking for "absolutes" and no relationship is graced with such status, however, as an intellectual study I think this is interesting for folks to consider.

Gnome,

I believe there IS one absolute that fits this discussion...Love Conquers All.

If neo-Mr. Bono's partner is fine with everything, why the deep desire to label and [[weakly) understand something that is so obviously un-labelable and seemingly always misunderstood by everyone except the two [[or more) involved in the affair?!

I am in the middle of being in trouble with a young friend for merely JOKING about the difference between a man and woman's biology with regards to relationships.

Men can deliver roughly a MILLION sperm with each ejaculation, and those are regenerated throughout his life with nearly no hindrance. Women get a finite number of eggs, each delivered on average of one per month until the stash runs out. That fact alone simply HAS to define an imbalance in the gender-relationship approach and ability of either.

A book she lent me mentioned that a chicken farmer noticed that the greatest peace AND productivity in the coop happened around a 1:7 male/female ratio. I was merely joking about trying to achieve that...just to see what would happen. Ahem.

So, I'm in trouble...for postulating. Even gave HER first right of rejection for any that I might consider adding to the coop, er, group...geez, she just didn't see how good she'd have it.

And yes, I'm still joking...my tongue is planted firmly in my cheek here!

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Thanks for reviving this thread, Pam. I think it was one of the better discussions the board has had lately.

With your posting, it seems that Ms Jennifer was always a hetrosexual and was just waiting for the right guy to come along. I'm happy that they are happy; however, I thought one of the accepted "truths" about homosexuality was that one was born that way, that it is a natuaral state of being and that you can't switch teams. The derisive language used against those who think one can pray themselves straight is one such graphic example. The inference is that such "pray straight" programs are unnatuaral and unhealthy.

Hence my question would be, was ms. Jennifer a hetrosexual in an unnatuaral homosexual relationship with Chastity, but now that Chaz has arrived their relationship is now natural and healthy?

I understand I'm asking for "absolutes" and no relationship is graced with such status, however, as an intellectual study I think this is interesting for folks to consider.
    I would guess the girlfriend must be bisexual, if she has no problem with the gender change of her partner. I guess you will have to wait for the interview with her to know for sure.

Yeah, as long as the hormone therapy works right, she should be sick and tired of the new 'him' in mere moments!

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body. It can get complicated.
    That can be taken care of. I know of someone who transitioned to female and has a female partner.

lilpup Guest

The problem with this assumption is that is assumes the only natural states are heterosexual and homosexual, just as the most common assumption is that everyone is either naturally male or female.

Consider the recent controversy involving South African runner Caster Semenya:

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/new...lds-gendertest

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl..._semenya_.html

I agree Lilpup, but Caster Semenya has a highly unusual situation going on there. She has a matched set of parts, and assuming that Mr. Bono wasn't likewise afflicted -or blessed- his transformation was realized through science. He achieved his goal as he always felt as though he was male.

That I understand. It's the girlfriend that has me a bit confuzzeled. I wonder if she was actively in a lesbian lifestyle before meeting the then Ms Bono. I guess I'll have to wait for the book.

All in all, I'm glad that Mr. Bono was able to find happiness. Everyone deserves the same.

Now, Mr. Gannon and his planned band of Gannonites, that is an entirely different kettle of kippers. The thought of Johnny Gannonseed liberally populating the planet from the confines of his planned encampment of beauties makes one shudder.

The whole plural marriage thing sounds like a nightmare to me, but it is very popular in several parts of the world and has been that way for a couple of eons. Far be it for a peon like myself to lord my morality over their traditions.

lilpup Guest

You're assuming that Bono exuded femininity during their so-called homosexual relationship.

bottom line - define 'sex' as in same sex - purely determined by genitalia? Do people fall in love and develop relationships purely around genitalia [[probably the wrong question when considering typical males)?

Maybe Bono had a pheromonal make-up that was more 'male' than 'female' in which case, depending upon definitions used, their relationship might not be a lesbian one, and the transition just drives Bono's overall chemical make-up more toward the 'male' end of the spectrum.

http://www.livescience.com/health/06...ion_rules.html

Lilpup, I'm able to grasp the situation Mr. Bono found hiimself in. I have no ax to grind or moral evaluation to pass upon Mr. Bono or his decisions. He is lucky in that he had the funds to complete the surgery and medical treatments in a safe and reliable manner. I would guess his medical treatments would be a life-long situation, so it is good he is a wealthy person.

Again, I don't have a problem with Mr. Bono, it's the girlfriend I can't figure.

Oh, one other thing, can Mr. Bono and Ms Jeniffer marry in every state now? I would assume as much, but maybe not. One does have to present a Birth Cert to get a licence ... I guess that could make things problematic.

lilpup Guest

Again, I don't have a problem with Mr. Bono, it's the girlfriend I can't figure.
    You aren't paying attention. What attracts someone to someone else?

Hmm, I thought I was paying attention, but I must have missed a step. Ok, I am game, what attracts someone to someone else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y8aI6JyZ6M

Rosanne interviews fake Cher and Chaz. I admit I laughed.

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Wow. an arbitrary personal attack and useless response all in one post. Way to go Cheddar.
    Stick to your strengths???

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    Stick to your strengths???
    Yeah, talk shit about someone who hasn't posted here in months. At least that way it's a fair fight for ya.

Pam, nice link, it was good to get Sonny's take on the whole thing.

Chas, sez, I was never a lesbian. I guess that settles that. Still there is that pesky detail about the gf Jennifer. Was she ever a lesbian?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5