Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Heard the wings @ BW's are small, frozen, expensive, & minimal flavor.....?
    you heard WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend View Post
    you heard WRONG
    This.

To be honest they are some of the best wings I have had, and I know that sounds sad because it is a chain restaurant.

For a chain, I will admit, they do have pretty good wings and sauces. Not crazy about prices on food and beer, but hey, lets not get picky. Any new development is fine by me.

"Officials say a 2,400-square-foot building addition [[not pictured) will be erected next to the current structure."

WOHOO!!! Less parking lots!!

http://www.mlive.com/business/detroi...n_detroit.html

That's nice! Greektown does have a lot of useless surface parking lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoid View Post
    "Officials say a 2,400-square-foot building addition [[not pictured) will be erected next to the current structure."

WOHOO!!! Less parking lots!!

http://www.mlive.com/business/detroi...n_detroit.html

BWW=Bufalo Wild Wings

BW3>What does the 3 stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    This.

To be honest they are some of the best wings I have had, and I know that sounds sad because it is a chain restaurant.
    Bdubs wings are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    BWW=Bufalo Wild Wings

BW3>What does the 3 stand for?
    Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck

Are they planning on filling in the gap between the Barber Shop---wouldn't they have to knock out the entire brick side of building to do that?

Why in the world would they do that for, when there's a surface parking lot on the corner of Randolph and Monroe st.

Quote Originally Posted by DLife View Post
    Are they planning on filling in the gap between the Barber Shop---wouldn't they have to knock out the entire brick side of building to do that?

Guess I was wrong, here's what was said from ModelD.

"The owner of the building bought the small adjacent lot to the north and plans to build the sports bar's kitchen there and a rooftop deck on top of it that will be accessible from the banquent room."

It appears as though construction has begun

Name:  IMG00199-20120428-1609.jpg
Views: 1667
Size:  37.3 KB

What's wrong with this picture... take a beautiful historic building... and cover up the beautiful historic detailing [[such as the archway on the first floor) with the modern crap that can be found in any strip mall....

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...tius-greektown

It appears from the rendering that they will be covering over the entryway. At least then, at some point in the future, someone can correct this mistake and uncover it. It would be a shame if they removed it completely.

The 12,000-square-foot restaurant will seat 425 and is spread over three floors: the main bar on the first floor, a second-floor banquet operation and a rooftop patio bar.
    Here is what I don't understand. The building is 4 stories high. BW3 will occupy 2 floors and the roof. That means 2 floors will be left vacant. That entry appears to be the access for the other floors. So does this mean they will not be able to rent them to other users? Or is the kitchen/restaurant offices going to occupy the other two floors?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
    It appears from the rendering that they will be covering over the entryway. At least then, at some point in the future, someone can correct this mistake and uncover it. It would be a shame if they removed it completely.

Here is what I don't understand. The building is 4 stories high. BW3 will occupy 2 floors and the roof. That means 2 floors will be left vacant. That entry appears to be the access for the other floors. So does this mean they will not be able to rent them to other users? Or is the kitchen/restaurant offices going to occupy the other two floors?
    The storefront on the right look like it is going to be some type of office. The celing is dropped and square light panels are being installed just like in an office. Walk by there and look inside.

Overpriced and not worth the hype. I'd rather spend my money at a locally owned establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    Overpriced and not worth the hype. I'd rather spend my money at a locally owned establishment.
    Could this by chance be a franchise that someone who lives in Detroit maybe owns and is employing locally available labor to run the place, pay taxes on, etc???

Does JC beal does all the construction work in downtown Detroit ? seems like they are one of the ONLY construction companies working downtown ? They must be making a fortune !
    glad they have started building !

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    What's wrong with this picture... take a beautiful historic building... and cover up the beautiful historic detailing [[such as the archway on the first floor) with the modern crap that can be found in any strip mall....

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...tius-greektown
    I would assume there is some form of corporate "look and feel" design requirements at work there.

This is the recently opened BW3 in downtown G.R.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    Does JC beal does all the construction work in downtown Detroit ? seems like they are one of the ONLY construction companies working downtown ? They must be making a fortune !
    glad they have started building !
    JC Beal is not the only contruction company working downtown. There's also Brinker Construction company contracted by Bedrock Holdings.

JC Beal also have labor problems for years and its union workers can authorize a strike at anytime. So Buffalo Wild Wings bar and restuarant in the Old Oddfellow Building will wait for a while. The red tape must go first.

Name:  IMAG1113.jpg
Views: 1056
Size:  32.9 KB

The facelift has begun!

Front window is ripped out, and they are swinging sledge hammers inside and out

Quote Originally Posted by ASR89 View Post
    Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck
    Does that mean they sell the famous beef on weck? When I went to Buffalo yrs. ago every rest. & bar sold beef on wecks. Much more famous than their wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    JC Beal is not the only contruction company working downtown. There's also Brinker Construction company contracted by Bedrock Holdings.

JC Beal also have labor problems for years and its union workers can authorize a strike at anytime. So Buffalo Wild Wings bar and restuarant in the Old Oddfellow Building will wait for a while. The red tape must go first.
    Who selected JC Beal to do the work on the building? Why wasn't the contract given to Brinker?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast