Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

West Michigander by birth. Left there many years ago due to people like Pete Hoekstra and the clowns who vote for people like him.

And his kind are part of the reason a lot of my friends leave...

Looks like Hoekstra has taken down the DebbieSpendItNow website, it now instead points to his general campaign site.

Hopefully they realized that independent conservatives are turned off by this xenophobic campaign strategy.

The site is still up....

http://www.debbiespenditnow.com

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Looks like Hoekstra has taken down the DebbieSpendItNow website, it now instead points to his general campaign site.

Hopefully they realized that independent conservatives are turned off by this xenophobic campaign strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    The site is still up....

http://www.debbiespenditnow.com
    Odd, not for me. It takes me to the Pete Hoekstra site, not the site with all the Chinese letters, paper fans, fortune cookies, and videos with Chinese actresses pretending to have broken English.

Odd, not for me. It takes me to the Pete Hoekstra site, not the site with all the Chinese letters, paper fans, fortune cookies, and videos with Chinese actresses pretending to have broken English.
    Nice, maybe your computer has more class than to allow its bits and bytes to slum around the internet like that.

HTML code on the page that used to be up at http://www.debbiespenditnow.com labeled the female actress as "YellowGirl"

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...w-girl/252685/

Speaking of Yellow Girl, I noticed the actress is wearing a yellow shirt, just one more not so subtle shove down the path of stereotyping anger.

HTML code on the page that used to be up at http://www.debbiespenditnow.com labeled the female actress as "YellowGirl"

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...w-girl/252685/
    The Prosper Group is the site developer. Wonder if they are quickly cleaning up their heavily templated portfolio [[Scott Brown, Sharron Angle, Christine O’Donnell).

I wonder how/ who the actor felt doing agreeing to do this spot? I understand from a brief news blurb that she is from California not China. Any more info on this....?
    How does any actor feel dubbing rightwing propaganda for Republican campaigns? Maybe they actually believe the bs. Or it may just be a job.

Hoekstra is a massive, corrosive, divisive turd.

Hoekstra is not what is good about Michigan.

Hoekstra makes fun of other peoples names.

Hoe. Hoe. Hoe. Hoe.

Hoe. Hoe. Hoe. Hoe.

Hoe. Hoe. Hoe. Hoe.

Hoe. Hoe. Hoe. Hoe.

Hoe. Hoe. Hoe. Hoe.

Hoe. Hoe. Hoe. Hoe.

Hoe. Hoe. Hoe. Hoe.

Hoe. Hoe. Hoe. Hoe.

Hoe. Hoe. Hoe. Hoe.

Hoe. Hoe. Hoe. Hoe.

Hoe. Hoe. Hoe. Hoe.

Yeah the old one is down completely. Well some web designer is working over time.... to damage control this by removing that original thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post

Yeah the old one is down completely. Well some web designer is working over time.... to damage control this by removing that original thing.
    Yup, it speaks volumes as to the backlash that they got. What the hell were they thinking!

Yup, it speaks volumes as to the backlash that they got. What the hell were they thinking!
    I just think he was looking at this statewide race thru the prism of his congressional district. I think he either forgot or didn't care that the district he represents is the most conservative in Michigan and what might play well in his district doesn't mean it will play statewide.

The fact that he made such a tactical blunder right off the bat should make one question whether this is the guy that should be representing Michigan in the Senate.

Prettty girl but the way the add was done distracted from his message. The add didn't make the point that Stabenow somehow was going to send jobs to Asia or explained how she would do that. Every president since Clinton, who signed NAFTA, has already done a pretty good job of that. Obama promised to address the problems with NAFTA but instead left it alone, added at least three more NAFTA like trade agreements including one with S. Korea, authorized Mexican truckers to replace teamsters, and even paid to upgrade Mexican trucks. Hoekstra's campaign money would have been better spent linking Stabenow with the devastating free trade policies of our last three presidents.

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Was this a serious question? If so, is this the type of person it takes to support Hoekstra?
    Are you trying to say I'm a Hoekstra supporter? Umm, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    Are you trying to say I'm a Hoekstra supporter? Umm, no.
    No, I wouldn't begin to imply such a thing. I don't know the first thing about you.

I was simply asking some questions about your question.

Occurrence Guest

I thought it was a decent question. The Asian woman who was in the commercial obviously wasn't offended or else she wouldn't have done it. Unless she really really needed the money.

Yeah, if he were that confident about the style of the ad/ web site he would have left it up in it's original form.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    I thought it was a decent question. The Asian woman who was in the commercial obviously wasn't offended or else she wouldn't have done it. Unless she really really needed the money.
    No, you trying to present it as if a single Asian woman, biased by the fact she's a paid actress in the commercial, somehow approved of this ad that it somehow made it not racist.

The ad and the accompanying website are a very sad chapter in Michigan politics, and I'm saying this as a white, male, suburban conservative. I'm nearly the exact demographic that's being targeted by the ad.

I'm still waiting for a South Park response to this ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    I'm still waiting for a South Park response to this ad.
    Seriously, do you think Pete "Going Nowhere Slow" Hoekstra is really worthy of their time?

Wouldn't hold my breath though others seem to have risen to the challenge...

http://www.myvidster.com/video/4322174

they found her-a Miss California entrant, to boot http://news.yahoo.com/meet-actress-s...204606755.html

FlyingJ- Thanks for the link, it pretty much confirms what I thought about why she did the ad. I'm looking forward to her response, I'm sure she is taking her time coming up with it because she wants to get this right unlike the guy that hired her.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast