Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by partystore View Post

I can only imagine what a Hoekstra commercial on welfare would be like...
    I gave that some thought, and I just got sick !!

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Stop trolling.
    That's not a troll. I was replying to one

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    That's not a troll. I was replying to one
    You should stop with the namecalling. If you have a problem with my responses prove me wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by sycloneman View Post
    Firstandten and Bagley, you both make valid points. I just had a few people close to me jump right out and say that he's a racist and he hates Chinese people...etc. I think the ad was a flop just because of the fact that no one got the actual message about Stabenow, rather all they saw was "red".
    What I saw was that Hoekstra would be just one more Rep. dedicated to protecting the top 1% while cutting programs that assisted the rest of us. The Chinese stereotype is an unexpected gift to the Dems.

The "gob of money" he spent "on this trash" was his own money unlike the gobs of money spent by Debbie Spenditnow which is misdirected tax payer money. What an ad. He really hit the nerve of those sitting around waiting to be offended. [[And he spent his gob in America with an American actress - that's patriotic).
    Hate to confuse the issue with some facts, but Hoekstra voted for the $700 billion Wall Street bailout – which Stabenow voted against. Hoekstra also voted for the unfunded Bush tax cuts, the war in Iraq, and government handouts for big oil companies – all things Stabenow voted against.

For $1 trillion – the cost of the Bush tax cuts – Hoekstra could have bought nearly 7 MILLION of those ads. That means you’d be stuck watching nothing but Hoekstra’s awful ad on repeat until March 10, 2209!

Wouldnt it be nice if the cute asian girl had got her check from Hoekstra for the video and then decided to get him back for the offensive bullshit and lame wordplay. Like, imagine if on the Spend-it-now website; the chinese pictograms actually meant; "Hoekstra means goatbrain chop suey round these parts."

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    You should stop with the namecalling. If you have a problem with my responses prove me wrong !
    I don't have a problem with your responses being wrong; I was "commenting" on the manner you use to express them.

Maybe someone will score political ads like they do superbowl ads.

I don't have a problem with your responses being wrong; I was "commenting" on the manner you use to express them.
    I don't belittle or insult other posters even when we disagree. Any perceived condescension that you have on the way I comment is strictly your individual issue.

I called and let Hoekstra know what I thought about his ads:

[[616) 301-3105

I think I see the thrust of your point 315.
    Of course you do. You're such a perfectgentleman.

In all the fireworks babout this very commercial, This might sound somewhat off topic but I finally got around to watching the game.

The game started past midnight over here in Europe and I was not about to sacrifice a day off to see it live, so I recorded it. The game was broadcast by the BBC. And I've come to the conclusion that I used tha fast-forward button quite often. Unlike in America the broadcast was commercial-free which meant that the time was filled with endless analyzing the moves that were played. Boy, did that suck!!

I've come to the conclusion that it looks like this game is very hollow. Only small bursts of enery are spent en again the clock stops. The name of the game totally escapes me since most of the game is played by hands. I think I'll stick with football as we call it. I hold a season ticket for over 21 years now at my club and right now we're at a winning streak. Of the last 18 games we only lost one, we're five points adrift from the board leader and the current top scorer in the league is wearing our jersey!

I think you need to see the game in person to get it...

The halftime shows however are something to be jealous about and we also don't have cheerleaders. So if I have to name some plus points, those are some. And truth be told, the fourth quarter was entertaining with that, unintentional, touch down and the play that came after that.

And yes indeed, M.I.A. was flipping the bird!
    Last edited by Whitehouse; February-07-12 at 06:33 PM.

With American Football, there are competent people that know how to operate a clock and stop it when necessary.

"Hey, this game sure was over quick."

"Well we didn't stop the clock when there was a stoppage in play. How about if we just arbitrarily add it to the end?"

"That seems like a good idea."

I don't want to get this thread off track, so how about taking a few minutes away from showering us with your banal, boring, and stupid Youtube videos and start a soccer thread. Then we can have our own little place for me to tell you why soccer sucks.

Just to annoy you personally: it's football over here.

Anyway, about that other ad that made headlines:
    How the NFL fumbled in the takedown of the Clint Eastwood Chrysler commercial.

Since none of what was in the Eastwood video includes anyone else's copyrighted work, what possible proof could they have included that Google accepted? We've emailed them to ask just that but have received no response yet.
    Google does have a responsibility not to infringe on other people's copyrights, which frequently does happen on YouTube. But there has to be a balance between providing a platform for content and protecting intellectual property. This clearly shows the balance is tilted towards those with the power to make erroneous claims to copyright and Google's censors work on a shoot first, ask questions later basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    And yes indeed, M.I.A. was flipping the bird!
    Yup, her manager/publicist is from Warren, so between Madge, Tom Brady & her a rather Michigan-centric Superbowl...

Default Herro Prease!

Any time one unnecessarily uses the distinguishing characteristics from any outside group to stoke the flames of anger and frustration, I think he or she is guilty of objectification. And I'm offended.

It doesn't matter whether it's a group of women making fun of men, the elite making fun of the masses, baseball players making fun of the football players, the cheerleaders making fun of the dance team, the rednecks making fun of the bluebloods, the computer engineering majors making fun of the psych majors...the list goes on and on.What's sadder than the fact that the ad was produced is the fact that it's effective to a large number of people...and indication that a pretty sizable part of our population live with a middle school mentality and is fine with it.

Whether what the ad portrays is or isn't accurate is beside the point. They could've found a better way to make the same arguments.

But what's sad is that Hoekstra was just as serious as these two 4th graders overheard at a Chinese restaurant trying to get the details on China's "secret plan" to invade the U.S.Luckily, we have it on video....ROLL TAPE!
    Last edited by corktownyuppie; February-08-12 at 10:47 PM.

Occurrence Guest

If this ad is so offensive, why did that Asian woman agree to do it?

money and exposure. Most actors/actresses have done things they weren't proud of to get a foothold into the business.

I think you need to see the game in person to get it...
    No, you don't.

I think I'll stick with football as we call it. I hold a season ticket for over 21 years now at my club and right now we're at a winning streak. Of the last 18 games we only lost one, we're five points adrift from the board leader and the current top scorer in the league is wearing our jersey
    NFL football > Soccer any day of the week. Your paragraph describing it even makes me yawn -- much like Pete Hoekstra does.

I think Hoekstra is quickly learning that the state of Michigan doesn't have the same demographic as his strongly Repub 2nd Dist has[[51% for McCain in 2008) . If Hoekstra is smart he is not going to admit he made a mistake with that ad, but I bet he doesn't run anymore like it. That ad would go over well in his district but he needs to realize that if he expects to beat Debbie statewide [[he may not be able to beat her regardless) ads like that one is not going to do it for him
    Last edited by firstandten; February-09-12 at 05:21 AM.

Here's why the super bowl is the only game i watch.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...055561406.html
    "According to a Wall Street Journal study of four recent broadcasts, and similar estimates by researchers, the average amount of time the ball is in play on the field during an NFL game is about 11 minutes."

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    If killing 6 Million Jewish people was wrong, why did Hitler and his army do it?

I don't know why people do things that are wrong.

cuz she got paid

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    Was this a serious question? If so, is this the type of person it takes to support Hoekstra?

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    If killing 6 Million Jewish people was wrong, why did Hitler and his army do it?

I don't know why people do things that are wrong.

You don't think Hitler thought it was right to do what he did?
    That is really a radical statement.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast