Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Looks awful.

The new scoreboard looks like it's stolen from "Jacobs" field, with the "Tigers" script and the tigers on top being the differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    Who claimed they said this?
    We're talking about things we've never heard children say. Your turn still.

February 20, work progresses.

February 27, work progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    February 20, work progresses.

I drove by this morning too. I noticed that they have made the actual scoreboard structure much taller now- the original scoreboard is the area where there is a back cover. Everything above that is new, which explains why they took the painted Tigers off the top.

I think they raised is because the upper deck in left field was covering part of the scoreboard

Goodness this thing is going to be gaudy.

Rumour has it there will be a section now where you pay $5 and ONLY watch the TV, not the field.

Quote Originally Posted by adamjab19 View Post
    Goodness this thing is going to be gaudy.

Rumour has it there will be a section now where you pay $5 and ONLY watch the TV, not the field.
    I thought that was the upper deck already?

When they originally put in the Scoreboard at Copa...It was installed wrong 15 ft to far Left...This has been comming for a while...Treasures are knocked down or revamped or just left to fade away in this city...Old Guy I loved the guy popping out of the chalet and into the Mug of Beer...Nice!!!!!...Whaler

February 28, setting sun illuminates Ford Field

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    February 28, setting sun illuminates Ford Field

Of course the picture looks deceptively warm, but it makes me think of sitting at the ballpark in the middle of summer when the sun is going down after 9pm. I can smell the hot dogs already!

it would be cool to see a BSOD on the new scoreboard.

You can ignore most of this photo gallery, but picture number 15 shows the analog clock still around. Hopefully, it won't get trashed or stored somewhere & will be put in the new scoreboard.
    http://apps.detnews.com/apps/multime...y.php?id=13855

March 6, The display screen is completed and the surrounding panels are nearing completion. Can't wait for it to light up!

Two things I would like to see now that the Broderick and new scoreboard are adding to the centerfield view:
    1) Unbrick those windows on the right side of the Athletic Club.
    2) Ferris State now owns the Barden Building. Hard to do much with brick but maybe they could improve the appearance of the building somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Two things I would like to see now that the Broderick and new scoreboard are adding to the centerfield view:
    1) Unbrick those windows on the right side of the Athletic Club.
    2) Ferris State now owns the Barden Building. Hard to do much with brick but maybe they could improve the appearance of the building somehow.
    Grand Valley St. now owns the Barden Bldg.

Tiger Stadium is one of my earliest memories. A guy selling something. "2 for a dollar Hollar hollar hollar"

March 8, The display screen is completed and testing is going on.

Now batting Miguel Cabrera. Oops we have a little issue with a double cap.

Its the largest 480p screen in the world! If you were going to make your scoreboard bigger, why not go wide screen? Stats look so compressed, and when they add all those ads around it, it will look so cramped.

Could just be the angle or testing output...it's about the same size as the Target Field board...

http://twinsbaseballblog.com/wp-cont...4/IMG_0364.jpg

http://www.daktronics.com/Company/Ne...oitTigers.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Genesyxx View Post
    Its the largest 480p screen in the world! If you were going to make your scoreboard bigger, why not go wide screen? Stats look so compressed, and when they add all those ads around it, it will look so cramped.

I agree that even though the new board is much larger than the old, having so many large ads around it make the new board seem quite small. It will be a very nice upgrade from the old displays though.

Since the whole scoreboard is bigger, I'm hopeful that maybe the ads will remain the same size, or smaller [[yeah, right) so as not to make the whole presentation so cluttered...

I just realized the there was some humor on the part of the scoreboard testers in that Cabrera image. He is batting 8th! ha ha. The order is Austin, Santiago, Avila, Kelly, Boesch, Young, Fielder, Cabrera and, coming out his hospital be, Martinez.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesyxx View Post
    It is widescreen. 16:9 ratio. The perspective compression is fooling you since we are looking at it from the side. There will be almost the same square footage of ad space as to what is currently installed and tested. Those Tiger statues with reappear with "Tigers" script between those two towers.

It will in fact look more cluttered. The original green solid plates that formed that sort of "mantel clock" acted as a visual control over the entire thing. The new scoreboard will have more of a billboard appearance and will not be designed like the previous version. I guess what I'm trying to say is the new scoreboard assembly will look generic.
    Last edited by wolverine; March-09-12 at 01:25 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast