Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    What past or current actions would give you that impression? Yes he completed the renovation of the Madison, but it was not a derelict building and a ton of work had already gone into it .. other than that, has he done anything, or announced anything happening with any of the empty buildings [[layne Bryant..etc?)? Of the nine [[10?) buildings he's bought, only a couple are of the derelict variety. The rest are fully operational..although mostly vacant. Its great Adamo trucks aren't idling in the parking lot, but does another 10 years of dereliction..waiting on Detroit 2.0, really amount to much more than Illitch hoarding gravel lots?

Not being negative, just withholding the beatification until something actually happens.
    I've got a friend the works in the Chase building, he said that the office space was renovated. Gilbert also claims to have moved 2,000 jobs into that building both in the news and via a banner that was on the north side of the building until it got ripped off on a windy day.

Just going off of what I know. I've seen Gilbert renovate and move jobs in. I've seen Illitch buy things and turn them into parking lots for his sports empire.

Both have done good, but I get the feeling that Gilbert is going to do more good.

In other breaking news, Matty fixed one of the broken windows at the depot!

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    I've seen Illitch buy things and turn them into parking lots for his sports empire.
    He did renovate the Fox and move Little Ceasar's pizza down there. Has talk died down about a replacement for Joe Lewis and moving the Pistons downtown?

Quote Originally Posted by gameguy56 View Post
    He did renovate the Fox and move Little Ceasar's pizza down there. Has talk died down about a replacement for Joe Lewis and moving the Pistons downtown?
    I am very disappointed that the Pistons seem to be saying in place in Auburn Hills. I'd love to see more and more things move Downtown. Right now if you go to a Pistons game you go there. You park. You watch. You leave.

But if you go to a Tigers or Red Wings game downtown you can hit the bars and restaurants before hand. Makes it a much cooler experience than just going to the game.